Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: UD3R Northbridge

Default UD3R Northbridge

Hi does any1 know the measurements between the two mounting holes on the UD3R NB? Reason is that I have a MCW30 water block and it has a range from 53mm to 60mm which I think just a little to small

Thanks
    Johnny

Specs:
    E6750 @ 3.8Ghz
    EP-45 Ud3R
    XMS2 PC6400 @ 950
    TX-650w

Default Re: UD3R Northbridge

Can't you just use a ruler? lol

By using a ruler I can tell that it will be a tight fit, just after if some1 has actually physically installed that water block on that MB. Thanks
    Specs:
    E6750 @ 3.8Ghz
    EP-45 Ud3R
    XMS2 PC6400 @ 950
    TX-650w

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

If you have the board already you could check from the backside without having to remove things incase it was to small.

Just tossin out an idea for ya. I have not seen anyone post about using it, but then again I have not looked much at who is using what on the NB

*EDIT*

A quick look around tells me NO (Actually found your question about this at XS as well ) >>>
    XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Chipset water block for Gigabyte ud3r

Here are some that will fit it (MIPS), but they are damn Expen$ive >>>
    XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Chipset water block for Gigabyte ud3r

EK NB/SB 5 Block (W/ Image) >>
    XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - ** Official ** Gigabyte UD3 P45 Series -- EP45-UD3 / EP45-UD3R / EP45-UD3P

Do keep in mind, those mosfets need cooling as well. Just reminding you so you don't run them bare... You'd be surprised

I do think I noticed someone using a Enzotech Waterblock somewhere, not sure which though, but dont quote me on that.

What you could do, is contact a few of these companies directly. I am sure they could tell you what fits what just from users letting them know

My connection is just terrible tonight, and the past two nights, so I could not hunt around for you more. Took me 25 minutes just to make this reply for ya! I think I may have to get offline and come back tomorrow, before my PC Gets damaged in the storm.

Please do post back if you find some definitive answers as it will help others later who may ask

Thanks for the help. Probably gonna air cool the NB with the thermalright hr-05/ifx and also hr-09U/S mosfet sinks if my water block does not fit. Ill test it out when I find some spare time, hate dismantling my PC

You can twist the heatpipe off if you wish and use the stock mosfet sinks.
    Last edited by johnnyl168; 03-01-2009 at 03:12 PM.
    Specs:
    E6750 @ 3.8Ghz
    EP-45 Ud3R
    XMS2 PC6400 @ 950
    TX-650w

How easy was it to twist them heatpipes apart?

I have often thought of that but every time I have them off it seemed a bit tighter then it looks and I was afraid to damage the heatpipe

I have only read about, haven't done it myself yet. Simply apply some heat (hairdryer) and twist should come off pretty easily.
    Specs:
    E6750 @ 3.8Ghz
    EP-45 Ud3R
    XMS2 PC6400 @ 950
    TX-650w

Ahh, Hmm never thought of that.

Might stick them in the oven then!! I got the front panel off my Rocketfish case using the oven

The Swiftech MCW30 water block does not fit the ep45-ud3r NB (to small by a couple mm's).
    Specs:
    E6750 @ 3.8Ghz
    EP-45 Ud3R
    XMS2 PC6400 @ 950
    TX-650w

Thread Information