Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: M59SLI-S5 MoBo, F9C BIOS, AMD 5600+ CPU, and Virtualization

Default M59SLI-S5 MoBo, F9C BIOS, AMD 5600+ CPU, and Virtualization

I have a Gigabyte M59sli-s5 MoBo, running the F9C BIOS with a AMD 5600+ CPU (with svm) and I am trying to turn on virtualization in order to run kqemu/kvm under fedora 10. When I enable virtualization in the BIOS my computer will not POST. I have to do a manual reset of the CMOS to reset the virtualization to disabled so I can boot. I used to run an AMD 4400+ CPU on the F7 BIOS and there was not virtualization option in the BIOS but I could run kqemu/kvm. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help

trispad
    Last edited by trispad; 03-03-2009 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Can't type

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: M59SLI-S5 MoBo, F9C BIOS, AMD 5600+ CPU, and Virtualization

Does your CPU support This feature? Just checking, as I know very little about AMD systems.

Since you are using a Beta BIOS, that could be a big in it? Maybe you should try F8 or F7 again? If you do flash back, please read this for proper flashing procedures and do not use @BIOS >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

I tried reverting back to F8, with no change in result. I then reverted back to F7, where their is no option for virtualization in the bios, but I can load the kvm-amd/kqemu modules and run virtualization in Fedora 10. The only thing is cpuspeed does not work because F7 does not appear to support G2 stepping.

trispad

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hmm, very odd. I would shoot off a email to tech support and let them know of this issue and see if they have a newert beta BIOS for you to try out as that does sound like a buggy BIOS issue to me >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Thread Information