Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP45-UD3P + 4x1 Patriot PC2-9600 (D9GKX)

Default EP45-UD3P + 4x1 Patriot PC2-9600 (D9GKX)

Trying to get some performance on a build for a client. Looking for the general consensus on how high a FSB I can get with these in a 4x1 config. Stock timings for 2x1 are 4-4-4-12 @ 1200MHz @ 2.3v.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Dr_Dx

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45-UD3P + 4x1 Patriot PC2-9600 (D9GKX)

More info is needed. What CPU are you using, and what cooling?

600+ FSB is possible with those boards, but I assume that is not the plan right? I would say 533-555 FSB would be easy if you had the right CPU and cooling

Thanks for the reply.

I am using a e8500 on air with a retail Intel extreme CPU cooler. I am not neccesarily trying to OC the CPU, just get the 4x1 RAM to run at a high, stable FSB to get the frame rates up in the games that the client wants to play. I personally use a DDR2 setting with tight timings (Geil Cas4 Quad channel) but in my experience, these Patriots do well with high FSB and voltage and not so well with low voltage and tight timings. Some of that is the characteristics of the Micron D9GKX chip (volt hungry) and some of it is Patriot's design (higher than normal tRFC value).

I haven't used an intel chipset in some years and am used to the Nvidia chipsets where you can unlink the memory FSB and set it totally independant of the CPU FSB. That doesn't appear to be the case here. I realize that I probably won't be able to run 4x1 @ 1200. When I start up everything in "auto" mode, the board sets the 4x1 at 1066 and I was wondering if I can get a little more out of it or not.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh well you can easily run 8x500 or 9x4xx and use a 2.66D or 3.33D multi, or possibly even 3.20B multi.

8500 will do 4Ghz + I guess it all just depends on how much time you want to put into getting it stable and how fast you want to run the CPU at above anything else.

You can easily run 1100-1200 but you have to setup the CPU accordingly. I just did a Crucial Review (See my Signature) and I had no issues with a E3100 (Same as 8400) running 1100+ using 4x1GB.

Now how that ram acts I don't know, sounds like you know a bit about it though so I guess you just need to decide what speed you want to run the CPU and then decide which FSB/CPU Multi/Ram Multi you want to use

I can help with settings for sure once you decide and if you need it

Thread Information