Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Correct temps?

Default Correct temps?

I have been looking for a way to find correct temps on my CPU and keep getting different reading from all programs.I just bought the CoolIt DOMINO A.L.C. CPU water cooler and now have a new Temp reading.Could some 1 tell me what one is right?The CoolIt read almost exact what Easytune reads.I had Easytune 6 installed and gave me same temps i used Easy tune 5 this time just to see if there was any difference.There was not.The room temp is about 65ish some what cool for sure.Real temp TJ MAX is set to 100.When i set it to 95 temps are closer to what Speed fan is giving me not sure what 1 is right.The CoolIt is not pluged in to Motherboard header it connected to its own power supplie.The reason i am asking is yes its cool in the room i am in but not sure that these temps are correct and if they are i am going to continue to OC CPU more.With current voltages and temps so"low" i still have more headroom to up this some more.If there is another more accurate program i can use plaese let me know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CoolerMaster 932haf
    ASUS P6T DELUVE V2
    Inte I7 920-4.0/4.2
    CoolIt DOMINO A.L.C
    CoolIt DualBay Gpu Cooler
    ASUS 4870-815/1050(crossfire)
    OCZ Platinum6GB DDR3-1600
    WesternDigtal VelociRaptor 300gb
    Corsair THX 750watt
    Vista Premium64sp2
    3DMARK06:28,515
    3DMARK VANTAGE 20,006

Default Re: Correct temps?

Update Rel Temp to 3.0 or later and youll get correct temps for sure. I'm not sure whether 2.7 is already accurate for 45nm quads but 3.0 is definitely correct since Intel finally released the specifications (some time ago).

Forget speedfan for voltage and temp readings, it's main use is to control fans, the rest is most of the time inaccurate unfortunately

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

RealTemp and CoreTemp are correct for your Core Temps, Everest Ultimate will also show you CPU and Core temps.

100C is your TjMax per Intel's release

Thanks it looks like i finally got the real temp of CPU Real temp shows 33-33-33-33 across the board idel and 40-45 load.Now i need if you guys can help with temps of North bridge and voltages for it.If Easy tune is wrong with CPU temps i would think that the system "north bridge" temps.Any other programs that will give accurate readings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CoolerMaster 932haf
    ASUS P6T DELUVE V2
    Inte I7 920-4.0/4.2
    CoolIt DOMINO A.L.C
    Corsair THX 750watt
    Vista Premium64sp2
    3DMARK VANTAGE 20,006

The thing you have to realize is that ET6 shows Tcase and the real temp/core temp show tJmax.
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Yes what im looking for is in Easy Tune 5-6 system temp is North bridge i believe.If the CPU temp is wrong the i would guess that that temp would be wrong also?I need to find out what north bridge temp is now that i have accurate temp of CPU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CoolerMaster 932haf
    ASUS P6T DELUVE V2
    Inte I7 920-4.0/4.2
    CoolIt DOMINO A.L.C
    Corsair THX 750watt
    Vista Premium64sp2
    3DMARK VANTAGE 20,006

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

The CPU temp is not wrong in Easytune, it is just showing you the Actual CPU Temp (Like what you see in the BIOS) not the Core temps.

There is no NB Sensors for voltages or Temps. The "System" Sensor is close to the NB but not on it.

Voltage of NB at stock for X48 I would have to look up your chip at intel, do you need me to do that or can you find it? If you need me to find the PDF for you I can, let me know

Thread Information