Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA UD5 X58 Still Doubble boot after New BIOS Fa6!!!

Default Re: GA UD5 X58 Still Doubble boot after New BIOS Fa6!!!

Do I really need to format my USB drive before using it for bios flash?

Please refer to page 80 of your instruction manual section 4-2-1 you can use a usb drive, floppy or your hard drive. The instructions there tell you how to upgrade your bios. The F6c bios is listed in this forum. Remember even the one on the Gigabyte site is a beta bios. This bios works fine on my computer.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

No, most all USB's are already formatted of course, all you need to do is put the .Fxx BIOS file on the USB and enter Qflash.

Please read this guide for how to flash with Qflash and things you need to do after the flash >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

The Beta BIOS's posted here are made by Gigabyte, they are just not posted on the MAIN Site so that general users who may not know much about a Beta or their BIOS do not use them and have issues and wonder why. Basically, they are for testing and to report back, yes some work fine and are eventually turned into the Final BIOS versions posted publicly but not always so that is why they are not posted on the Main Gigabyte site for the general public

Our Beta BIOS thread has full warnings about the Use of a Beta BIOS, BIOS flashing dangers, and proper flashing procedures.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-05-2009 at 01:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information