Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA UD5 X58 Still Doubble boot after New BIOS Fa6!!!

Default GA UD5 X58 Still Doubble boot after New BIOS Fa6!!!

Hello Gigabyte Forum,

My GA UD5 X58 is still doubble booting after I've updated BIOS to the new Fa6 BIOS which should solve these problems!

My setup is currently running 2,9ghz @ i7 920. All I have done is to raise BLCK to 145, which means that settings can't be setted wrong? right?

I am only experiencing the doubble boot after I have turned the power *Off* the plug, and then next morning plugging the power *On* again.
    If the system gets power all night long, I mean the system is shutted down, but it still gets power from the plug, it starts up just normally.

What can be wrong ? I plug the PC's power off in the night to save all that iddle power, that all the small lights are using alot of power in the end.

/Nicolas

This is a new thread. The Previous thread I made a kind forum moderatar advised me to install the new BETA BIOS.

Default Re: GA UD5 X58 Still Doubble boot after New BIOS Fa6!!!

Install the latest F6b bios, this has cured the double boot problem on my computer. I had the same symptoms as you, would double boot once, if turned on from standby would boot ok, then if unplugged would double boot again. The problem was with the qpi voltage which seems to have been fixed in F6b.

Is there a newer BIOS than mine out there atm? I got F6a, which i Downloaded from Gigabytes site.

Is the BIOS F6b also for my motherboard model?

Can i Download the F6b from Gigabytes BIOS update tool?

Is it possible for you to link it for me, so that i download it from a safe place.

What things does this F6b driver fix, and when has it been released? My F6a was released 18/2, so this F6b has been released this week?

As to the forum mods, they are great but they do not know eveything, I posted with these problems, was advised various things to change in the bios, I even contacted Gigabyte to let them know the problem of double booting and that lowering the qpi below 1.3 stopped the double booting, they said the double booting was normal, however they must have know it was a problem to be able to cure it.

Infact I have just looked and there is a newer bios F6c for the GA-EX58-UD5 found on this forum here is the link http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/...X58UD5.F6c.zip. I am now going to put this one on my computer as F6b has already fixed the double boot. Install using the qflash.

Hi. I have just put the F6c bios on and can confirm the double boot issue is still fixed, so I presume it will be from every bios in the future. An my system is working ok.

Thnx alot, Is it possible to download this BIOS with Gigabyte BIOS update tool?

I beleve the bios has to be on the Gigabyte site to use the tool. Simply click the link, download the zip file, unzip the bios from the zip file. I put the bios on a pen drive. I then restarted the computer and pressed delete to enter the bios, I then pressed F8 in the bios and loaded the new bios, then restart the computer, press delete and go into the bios again, load optimised settings, saved and exited the bios, restart again and press delete and enter the bios again and select your settings(remember to set your hard drive correctly if you have raid or ahci. Then restart the computer. and say goodbye to the double boot. I beleve you can also load the new bios from pressing the end key when you start the computer.

Thnx alot dude! Will try this when i get home !!! You are ftw! ;)

How come the BIOS's u link are not on Gigabytes own site?

Don't they make their BIOS's themselves?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information