Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP45-uD3P no audio

Default EP45-uD3P no audio

EP45-UD3P with Q6600 XP Pro 32bit 4GB Ram using onboard HD Audio. Not using any PCI audio card.

Used to have sound and could listen to music, but one day it just stopped. No sound like the Windows startup melody or anything from any application. Also tried to trouble shoot through Windows troubleshooter and things were all listed as normal. Device manager did not list the audio devices as offline or unrecognized.

Tried going into Safe Mode to delete Microsoft UAA and deleted the Realtek HD Audio driver and used Driver Sweeper to delete old drivers and then rebooted back into Safe Mode to install newest R2.17 Realtek drivers.

Strangely, Microsoft UAA reinstalled itself without prompting me after booting back into Normal mode with the latest Realtek drivers installed.

Still no sound. Any suggestions guys? Thanks.

Default Re: EP45-uD3P no audio

Forgot to add that I am using headphones for audio. Nothing comes out from either the front panel or any of the rear panel outputs. The Gigabyte HD Audio GUI to select outputs do not even recognize when something is plugged in. Tried 2 different headphones.

Beginning to think that the audio portion of the board is toast! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hm, can you see the sound card in the device manager? Could it be that you accidentally disabled onboard audio in BIOS?

Default Re: EP45-UD3P no audio

Thanks for replying. Device manager says that the driver is enabled and device is selected. Here are some screenshots that may help.

Here's another.

And another. Thanks!!

Hm, that's strange. I would try re-isntalling windows (or using a different HD) and see if that helps. If it doesn't then your board is probably defective.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

For some strange reason, I got my sound back this morning. I did install Vista on another partition to see if I would get sound that way, but I think I heard (I did not have my headphones on at the time) the XP logoff chime as I was rebooting to install from DVD.

Microsoft UAA is enabled, along with the Realtek HD Audio drivers.

I also get sound from Vista.

Just glad to have sound back and not having to RMA the board.

Thanks guys!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice to hear!!! Glad you did not have to RMA as well, did you figure out what it was?

Just have your speakers turned way down?

I wont tell anyone I promise, it has happened to me before I believe

Thread Information