Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P35-DS4 Boot Problem

Default Re: P35-DS4 Boot Problem

Okay, so ive been playing around i have identified the problem lies between my HIS 4870 and the motherboard. When i changed the gfx card to an older one ASUS 8800gtx the board worked fine and booted, and i could get past POST and also into the BIOS.

I know that the 4870 card is fine as the card works perfect in other machines and on different motherboards. Is their something in the bios that could be stopping it, because as soon as put my 4870 in it just hangs at the gigabyte logo. The bios version is F12.

Updated bios to F13 didnt make any difference :/

Managed to find a case speaker, it simply does one short beep which should indicate that it has booted successfully, which of course it has not as it hangs at the the gigabyte logo screen.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I would try these two things and see if it helps.

Before I offer my thoughts, are you sure your PSU is good enough for this card? I see you mention you tested the card on another setup, was this with your PSU or similar one? If not I would be testing that aspect of it first myself as this may be the only issue

Put in the old GFX card so you can get in the BIOS and then add some PCIE Voltage >>
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V - +0.2V]

And then be sure you have Init First Display in the Integrated Peripherals BIOS page set to PEG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information