Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: noise with GA-p35-ds3

Default noise with GA-p35-ds3

As long as I can remember my computer has emitted a very annoying frequency/buzz through the speakers/heaphones. The sound will change if there is something graphically happening on the screen, especially using the mouse.

Instead of trying to explain the sound, I recorded a quick sample which you can donwload here: noise.mp3 Download File on FileFront

(the changes in frequency are when the mouse is being moved. I also amplified it a bit to make it easier to hear.)

Because my video card is very close the onboard sound, I assumed it was this. Today I put in a new souncard 4 slots away from the video card and I still get the noise. It doesnt matter what the volume is on the pc or whether it's speakers or headphones, the noise is always there. Very irritating!

Specs:

PSU: EarthWatts 500 Watt power supply
    CPU: Intel E6750
    RAM: 2x1gb corsair
    GPU: Inno3d 8800 GTS 312mb
    Motherboard: gigabyte GA-P35-DS3

I have a nice stereo setup, and this constant high pitched whine is ruining it!

I have taken everything out except the motherboard, hdd and psu and I still get the noise. I currently have the onboard sound disabled, but I would get the noise using that anyhow.

The only solution I can think of is to use an external soundcard, but I would prefer to try and at least work out what's causing it, and knowing my luck it would probably still be there anyway!

Any advice or suggestions most welcome. Thanks in advance!

kick is offline Senior Member

Default Re: noise with GA-p35-ds3

Ive had it..(who is this kick guy,he seems to have had every possible problem>?).

But not on the setup I have now.The pitch of the sound used to change with different web pages loaded, mouse movement etc.
    I dont think its a gigabyte problem tho im not sure ive only used Gigabyte boards for the past 3years.
    All I can suggest is the usual:
    Keep all input cables seperated.Dont let your network/router cable drape over the psu for your speaker amplifiers.If your speakers are powered they have an interference source inside them ,keep them as far away from the other units as u can.
    If you have a radio mouse/keyboard aka wireless with one of those 2.4ghz usb connectors make sure there is nothing close to/in los of the transmission path.

Try standard ps2 mice n keyboards,see what happens etc.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Do you have your front panel microphone enabled.
    If yes try to mute it and if the sound stops then you have bad front panel cable/jack.
    Or picks noise via the USB front panel.
    What make is your case? Did you use AC97 or HD connector?

Quote Originally Posted by cocoloco View Post
    As long as I can remember my computer has emitted a very annoying frequency/buzz through the speakers/heaphones. The sound will change if there is something graphically happening on the screen, especially using the mouse.

Instead of trying to explain the sound, I recorded a quick sample which you can donwload here: noise.mp3 Download File on FileFront

(the changes in frequency are when the mouse is being moved. I also amplified it a bit to make it easier to hear.)

Because my video card is very close the onboard sound, I assumed it was this. Today I put in a new souncard 4 slots away from the video card and I still get the noise. It doesnt matter what the volume is on the pc or whether it's speakers or headphones, the noise is always there. Very irritating!

Specs:

PSU: EarthWatts 500 Watt power supply
    CPU: Intel E6750
    RAM: 2x1gb corsair
    GPU: Inno3d 8800 GTS 312mb
    Motherboard: gigabyte GA-P35-DS3

I have a nice stereo setup, and this constant high pitched whine is ruining it!

I have taken everything out except the motherboard, hdd and psu and I still get the noise. I currently have the onboard sound disabled, but I would get the noise using that anyhow.

The only solution I can think of is to use an external soundcard, but I would prefer to try and at least work out what's causing it, and knowing my luck it would probably still be there anyway!

Any advice or suggestions most welcome. Thanks in advance!
    Cocoloco,

I notice something similar when moving my mouse curser on the Start menu and it probably occurs others times too.

I think the culprit is an unshielded VGA cable.

I never had the noise when I was using a cable supplied by my Monitor maker that was HDMI to DVI. But when I started using an unshielded VGA cable, VGA to VGA, the noise started showing up.

Right now I don't get the sound. But to eliminate it completely from ever reoccurring, I will be trying a shielded cable, whenever. The weirdest thing is how opening a web page sometimes seems to make the noise start.

Also, it's only threw my Monitor's speakers, and usually I game with Headphones, and don't hear it in the Headphones.

GL Cocoloco

PS
    Nice PSU, Cocoloco!
    Last edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee; 03-06-2009 at 08:50 AM.
    <<< LGA2011 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: CORSAIR AX Series AX860 860W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Haswell Ready Full Modular (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X99
    > Mainboard :Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming
    (NE Link)
    > Processor : i7-6850K (NE Link)
    > AIO: Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 (NE Link)
    > Physical Memory : G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 Model F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW (NE Link)
    > Video Card : 2x ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (NE Link)

<<< LGA1366 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply:
    >>>Original PSU (2011-01) :
    Corsair 620HX (NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade PSU (2012-01) : CORSAIR AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X58
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (REV.2.0) (FB BIOS)
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Processor : i7-950 (Revision D0) 3.0GHz @3.84GHz
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > HSF:
    Noctua NH-D14 (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Physical Memory :
    >>>Original RAM (2011-01) : G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ
    >>>Upgrade RAM (2012-01) : Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) w/FrostByte Heatsink Model 998990 (NE Link MPP Link OverClockersClub Dot Com Article)
    > Video Card :
    >>>Original Vid Card (2011-01) : BFG Geforce GTX295 (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2012-01) : (2) EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GTX 560 Ti (2GB)-SLI (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2013-07) : (2) GTX 760-SLI Gigabyte GV-N760OC-4GB (NE Link)
    > DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B ATA Device
    > Monitor :
    ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26" (
    NE Link)
    > Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate
    > Case : COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel (
    NE Link)

<<< LGA775 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: Corsair 620HX (
    NE Link)
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte P35-S3G (F2 BIOS)
    > Chipset : Intel P35
    > Processor : Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale (Revision C0) 3.0GHz @ 3950 MHz
    > HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    > Physical Memory : CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (
    Link)
    > Video Card : BFG Geforce GTX295
    >
    Monitor : ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26"

Nice PSU, Cocoloco!
    :D are you being silly? I don't know what a good psu is. It's just the standard one that came with my antec sonata case.

Thanks for the replies! I've tried all the suggestions - and many others. Somehow I've managed to get rid of the noise in the headphones but not in the amp for my stereo. I tried a different amp and theres no noise. So somehow this amp is picking up inteference.

But Im pretty sure the amp is fine, as it plays back other sources perfectly.
    So very confusing. My best guess so far is a ground loop problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoloco View Post
    :D are you being silly? I don't know what a good psu is. It's just the standard one that came with my antec sonata case.

Thanks for the replies! I've tried all the suggestions - and many others. Somehow I've managed to get rid of the noise in the headphones but not in the amp for my stereo. I tried a different amp and theres no noise. So somehow this amp is picking up inteference.

But Im pretty sure the amp is fine, as it plays back other sources perfectly.
    So very confusing. My best guess so far is a ground loop problem.
    Yes, post anything you figure out about the sound.

And here's why I complimented your PSU. (It's the last page of a great review. Read others if u have a chance.) Antec EarthWatts 500 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Yep, that PSU has a deceiving appearance. But for what you think is just stock, is actually a pretty darn good product.

Hope you find the culprit that is causing the sound!
    <<< LGA2011 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: CORSAIR AX Series AX860 860W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Haswell Ready Full Modular (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X99
    > Mainboard :Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming
    (NE Link)
    > Processor : i7-6850K (NE Link)
    > AIO: Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 (NE Link)
    > Physical Memory : G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 Model F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW (NE Link)
    > Video Card : 2x ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (NE Link)

<<< LGA1366 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply:
    >>>Original PSU (2011-01) :
    Corsair 620HX (NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade PSU (2012-01) : CORSAIR AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X58
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (REV.2.0) (FB BIOS)
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Processor : i7-950 (Revision D0) 3.0GHz @3.84GHz
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > HSF:
    Noctua NH-D14 (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Physical Memory :
    >>>Original RAM (2011-01) : G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ
    >>>Upgrade RAM (2012-01) : Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) w/FrostByte Heatsink Model 998990 (NE Link MPP Link OverClockersClub Dot Com Article)
    > Video Card :
    >>>Original Vid Card (2011-01) : BFG Geforce GTX295 (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2012-01) : (2) EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GTX 560 Ti (2GB)-SLI (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2013-07) : (2) GTX 760-SLI Gigabyte GV-N760OC-4GB (NE Link)
    > Monitor :
    ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26" (
    NE Link)
    > Case : COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel (
    NE Link)

<<< LGA775 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: Corsair 620HX (
    NE Link)
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte P35-S3G (F2 BIOS)
    > Chipset : Intel P35
    > Processor : Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale (Revision C0) 3.0GHz @ 3950 MHz
    > HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    > Physical Memory : CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (
    Link)
    > Video Card : BFG Geforce GTX295
    >
    Monitor : ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26"

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks for the sound bite!

What BIOS are you using? And did you load and apply optimized defaults and then reboot before making changes on your last Flash? Please press F9 on the MAIN page of the BIOS if you are unsure about the BIOS version, I do need to know for sure the answers to both of those questions

So you have not tried another PSU then I take it?

Thread Information