Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R onboard lan problem

Exclamation GA-P35C-DS3R onboard lan problem

Hey all,
    thanks in advance for helping me out hopefully!
    Problem i have is with my network card and actually my graphic card.
    Problem is that my network card some month ago suddenly wrote limited or local access only i was by the computer and didnt touch a thing when it happen after that the hell started out! I tryed reinstall drivers for motherboard, Lan, sata, audio, graphic card... nothing helped. So i reinstalled whole computer and installed drivers from the cd i got with my motherboard and I plugged in internet cable to the card nothing happen i noticed later on there was no network card installed... i was like wth i just installed the drivers from the cd they worked before ? so i took apart my 7years old comp took out a network card from it and plugged it in the computer then suddenly it appears so now both network cards show! I was like ok at least its back now mb was just a bugg or something.
    Now after prob an month using the motherboard network card it does the same just few min ago! Limited or Local thing only with the warning triangel on it... i was like oh no not again so i plugged the cable to the network card (the one from the old comp) it worked fine but i noticed that motherboard network didnt even notice that ive unplugged the cable it was still showing Limited/Local access only... I reinstalled motherboard drivers whent fine told me to restart computer so I did when im back on now the network card gone like if it didnt even exsist, i tryed download the LAN drivers for the motherboard when it was done it wrote " Please shutdown plug and play Realtek PCIE card to complete installation " only thing i could press was ok the it said installtion finished and all i could press was finish.
    Now im on my old network card from my old computer that luckly still working

So i hope god someone knows or can help me with this problem!
    btw, Its no virus i think since i ran Bitdefender 2009 and no viruses or adaware or anything found before - and after reinstallation.
    i hope anyone can help me and sorry for my poor english

got everydrivers the latest ofc and latest windows live update i belive.
    this some parts of the dxdiag :

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 3/6/2009, 01:37:07
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: Swedish)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: P35C-DS3R
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    Page File: 396MB used, 3542MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
    Display Tab 1: No problems found. DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 7 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 8 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 9 test results: All tests were successful.
    Sound Tab 1: DirectSound test results: All tests were successful.
    Sound Tab 2: The file RtkHDAud.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    Sound Tab 3: The file deltaII.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    Sound Tab 4: The file deltaII.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    Music Tab: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    Network Tab: No problems found. DirectPlay test results: All tests were successful.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 8600 GTS
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0400&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 512.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    Monitor: SyncMaster 2232BW/2232GW/2232GW Plus,SyncMaster Magic CX2232GW(Digital)
    Monitor Max Res: 1680,1050
    Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0011.8122 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 1/15/2009 08:19:00, 6168960 bytes

-------------------
    DirectInput Devices
    -------------------
    Device Name: Mouse
    Attached: 1
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a
    FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Keyboard
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: Yamaha HID Audio Controls
    Controller ID: 0x0
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x0499, 0x3001

Poll w/ Interrupt: No
    Registry: OK

-----------
    USB Devices
    -----------
    + USB Root Hub
    | Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x2936
    | Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub
    | Service: usbhub
    | Driver: usbhub.sys, 4/14/2008 00:15:38, 59520 bytes
    | Driver: usbd.sys, 4/14/2008 13:00:00, 4736 bytes

-------------------
    DirectPlay Adapters
    -------------------
    DirectPlay8 Serial Service Provider: COM1
    DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider: Kortets Connection - IPv4 -

------------------------
    Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
    ------------------------
    Drive: C:
    Free Space: 50.9 GB
    Total Space: 190.8 GB
    File System: NTFS
    Model: WDC WD20 00JB-00G SCSI Disk Device

Drive: D:
    Model: LITEON DVD-ROM LTD163 SCSI CdRom Device
    Driver: ..:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 5.01.2600.5512 (Swedish), 4/14/2008 13:00:00, 62976 bytes

Dont Know if any of that information is any help but there it is!
    please help me asap!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R onboard lan problem

Did you install the latest Intel INF Chipset drivers? If not you should you can get them here (Second Link from the top), the EXE not Zip >>>
    Download Search Results

The drivers on your CD are VERY OLD. I would also suggest you try the onboard LAN Again, is this one you was trying before? Anyway, you can get the latest Driver for that here as well >>>

XP
    http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...ivers.com).zip

Vista
    http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...aller_1003.zip

What problem are you having with your Graphics card, and what card is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Did you install the latest Intel INF Chipset drivers? If not you should you can get them here (Second Link from the top), the EXE not Zip >>>
    Download Search Results

The drivers on your CD are VERY OLD. I would also suggest you try the onboard LAN Again, is this one you was trying before? Anyway, you can get the latest Driver for that here as well >>>

XP
    http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...ivers.com).zip

Vista
    http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...aller_1003.zip

What problem are you having with your Graphics card, and what card is it?

ive gotten all the latest drivers that is provided from their companys homepage.
    But still no luck and my graphic card is Gainward bliss geforce 8600GTS and i dont get it why the fan of it like spin slow even when graph card getting heated up, i have alrdy given it back once to the place i bought it but samething as before has happend again not only the fan works but the tv-out vga thingy doesnt work either... dunno if it doesnt fit my computer or sup?
    Quick reback on the problems
    Network Card:
    Motherboard network card doesnt show at all, its like it even doesnt have one.
    Graphic Card:
    Fan spins slow doesnt matter if i go to nvidia controls and make at 100% it just forces it down, heard from friend of mine that they can be some automatic so when the computer gets hot it starts spinning 100% to cool it down when its cold it spins slow.
    Then we have the tv-out, now what happens when i put the tv out cable and turn it to clone/dual/a long screen which config ever i run when i turn the thing on my computer screens gets black, nothing on the tv and my whole computer freezes and reboot with cable in when windows logo screen finished it freezes again.

For both i have latest drivers i could find one at gigabytes homepage for the motherboard and for the graphic card at nvidia.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Sounds to me like the card is faulty, or just that model is maybe? Or it could have a bad BIOS in the card, especially if the fan is not speeding up. You might want to think about getting a different card altogether?

Do you have the Onboard H/W LAN Enabled in the BIOS on the Integrated Peripherals page? Just checking incase something in the BIOS changed

Have you tried a clean install? This may help since you old card works, or your new card could have just died on you, can you test the new card on the other computer to see if it works there?

Thumbs up Re: GA-P35C-DS3R onboard Lan NIC not working????

Hi,
    I had the same problem with two of these motherboards, after hours of messing about i finally got the fix for onboard NIC not working issue.

Gigabyte has released the latest version of bios and onboard NIC drivers for P35-DS3R. You need to either flash or update the bios first and then reinstall the NIC driver for Realtek.

If that doesnt work, then you have to reset the motherboard with default factory settings by removing the power ATX connection on the motherboard and cmos battery on the motherboard for couple of minutes. You have to remove both for this to work. After couple of minutes insert the cmos battery back in followed by Power ATX connecter to the motherboard. Power on your pc and this time you will see the NIC light flashing showing there is connectivity. For the NIC light to flash, you need to have the network cable plugged in from either a router or another computer. Boot up and login to windows and open internet explorer to make sure internet is working ok. Hope that helps!!!!
    Last edited by dellaz; 07-21-2009 at 07:54 AM.

Exclamation Re: GA-P35C-DS3R onboard lan problem

Sorry for the late reply been away for some time.
    I havent tryed flashing bios and all the thing you said dellaz, since i got no experience i would like to know if you or someone else can do this step by step with me through msn messenger?
    Really need help with this motherboard so please reply asap if you can!

Chike is offline Senior Member

Limited connectivity means the system could not aquire an IP address from the router or modem.
    What kind of router/modem do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Limited connectivity means the system could not aquire an IP address from the router or modem.
    What kind of router/modem do you have?

At that time didnt have any router/modem, had/have Cable 100down/100upl
    but now i run it through router D-Link DIR-635, i have noticed that my old network card is now turnin on and off as if i disconnected the cable, tryed switch network cable no luck, and still my onboard LAN doesnt show and i get that " Please shutdown plug and play Realtek PCIE card to complete installation " error msg.

I got a laptop that runs through the router too it has no problem at all with any of the cable neither with the wireless function.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Have you tried to run BIOS SMART LAN diagnostic in Integrated Peripherals?

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Have you tried to run BIOS SMART LAN diagnostic in Integrated Peripherals?

No idea how i do that... can tell me ? :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information