Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-MA790GP-UD4H problem, help!!

Default Re: GA-MA790GP-UD4H problem, help!!

well, the old one is working great for me, Not sure what is wrong with the new PSU tho.... is it normal for the 24pin connector that comes with the power supply to miss a pin?? mine comes with 24 but, the metal thingy in the 24'th slot is missing...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, that is normal (-5V is optional), some SATA Cables will also be missing a wire (3.3V) and only have 5

The -5 volt line on pin 20 was made optional in ATX12V 1.3 (introduced in 2003) because -5 had been rarely used for years. Newer motherboards virtually never require -5 volts but many older motherboards do. Most newer power supplies don't provide -5 volts in which case the white wire is missing
    More info on Power cables, all of them, with pics
    All about the various PC power supply cables and connectors

Sounds like you may need to RMA that new PSU if it is not functioning

hi this my PC:
    CPU:AMD Phenom II X4 940 Cooler:Xigmatek Achilles MB:Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H RAM:RAM: 2x2GB A-Data Vitesta Extreme Edition 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15 GPU: až bude RV790 HDD:Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ SATAII 1TB 32MB cache Case:Thermaltake VH8000BWS Armor+ Mx PSU:SilverStone SST-ST50EF-PLUS-SC 500W Writer:Samsung SH-S223F Mouse:Razer Diamondback LCD:30" LG W3000H-BN

1) GPU cant show 2560x1600 resolution
    2) during downloading about 6-13MB/s system goes incredible crazy slow!
    - I cant even listen music - it is horrible lagging
    - I have tried to change the motherboard for another- but the same - but no effect
    - When I put external lan board - the sound was good, but still cant watching movie in HD
    3) during resample-ing jpg photos the CPU goes almost at 100% all 4 cores and system goes lagging again

what could you say me?

RV790= radeon 4870? Also when using a high res display like that don't they use a dual link DVI connection to achieve 2560x1600 resolution? you might want to make sure you are using that cable if you can.

You haven't listed your operating system windows XP or Vista? Also the 790GP motherboard does that ship with a bios that supports phenom II? you might have to update your bios.

Have you installed all the latest drivers? Its really hard to say exactly what your issue is because i don't know anything that you have tried other than a swap of the motherboard.
    AMD Phenom II 710 OC@3.450ghz
    Wintec Ampx 1333 DDR3 4GB
    GA-MA790XT-UD4P
    ATI/AMD 4870x2 videocard
    Coolit Freezone elite TEC chilling waterloop
    1 DVD burner
    1 36gb WD rapter hard drive
    2x 640GB WD in RAID 0
    Cooler Master 700W SilentPro PSU
    Watercooling video card and cpu only.

Yeah I am sorry. It was on XP. And I guess it was becouse of the same IRQ for LAN, GPU, SOUND and USB. I have put there Vista and no problems with watching movie during downloading or resampleing.

But the MB cant still send the 2560x1600 to my LCD by DVI-D cabel. I cant understand why they put the DVI-D connector to the motherboard, if it doesnt work. Someone told me that it can send 2560x1600 but only via D-SUB. What sounds crazy.

And yes. I have tried newest drivers and bios, but there are any. Coz it is new MB. :-(
    And I am sorry again. It was copied from my local profil in my country ,so it means that i am waitting for the RV790 - APRIL. And now, I am going thru the GP on the MB.

do some research on Dual Link DVI. I don't have one of these monitors but if you look at the specifications. DVI limitations are 1920x1200 at 60hz. To go beyond that you need more bandwidth.

Thats why they have dual link DVI cables to handle that resolution. I have heard them mentioning VGA as the only option for a single connection capable of that resolution. Maybe you have to use the VGA and DVI to get i to work at that res. I am not exactly sure.
    AMD Phenom II 710 OC@3.450ghz
    Wintec Ampx 1333 DDR3 4GB
    GA-MA790XT-UD4P
    ATI/AMD 4870x2 videocard
    Coolit Freezone elite TEC chilling waterloop
    1 DVD burner
    1 36gb WD rapter hard drive
    2x 640GB WD in RAID 0
    Cooler Master 700W SilentPro PSU
    Watercooling video card and cpu only.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information