Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Will anyone please help me with EP45-UD3P?

kick is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Will anyone please help me with EP45-UD3P?

While your on, how do you mean bios resets itself?
    You mean it goes into the rebooting loop and you have to turn off the psu?
    When u turn the pc back on the figures are what you last entered yeh?.If not load and save the optimum defaults n start again.
    ^ What works for me.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Quote Originally Posted by kick View Post
    While your on, how do you mean bios resets itself?
    You mean it goes into the rebooting loop and you have to turn off the psu?
    When u turn the pc back on the figures are what you last entered yeh?.If not load and save the optimum defaults n start again.
    ^ What works for me.
    What I mean is that the bios will attempt to boot a couple of times and then will put the sttings back to default so it can start. When it does finally come back up you see that instead of the OC speed you had set, now it's at stock. So obviously I couldn't run at the OC I just set it at.

Thanks for the reply

marc

I'm just going to wait now and see if Lsdmeasap has a template for me to try. Nothing is working so I'm back to the old OC of 9x450 ram at 1080. At least I can game and it's prime stable.

If Lsdmeasap has some numbers and they don't work, this board is going in the trash or will be given to someone that want's it it to run just at stock. I have another P5Q deluxe board I can put in this rig and then I'll have 2 rigs running the same board and cpu...lol

marc001

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    Those numbers might make your RAM run at 2.0D at 442x9.5. Static tRead on Auto is often a reason why certain memory multipliers don't work.

You could try BIOS F8. My UD3P came with F7, so I don't know whether F6 was worse than that
    Where are you guys getting bios from? Gigabyte site only has F6 as latest, unless I'm looking in wrong place, but the Gigabyte site was really, really slow. Maybe it's messed up orsomething?

thanks,

marc

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Latest BIOS's are in a sticky here in this forum section. Here >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

Several Beta's after F6 here, but not sure why F6 is shown on the main page as the latest Beta now? So please do ask Stasio about that before you use any of the F7-F8's >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/277052-post204.html

If you think I can help, very likely, please list me your specs and a link to your ram and your full settings you are trying that fail and I will see what I can advise for you to try. Sorry bud, I am super busy here so I cant read thru all of this. Really, I spend 8-10 hours a night (Plus 3-4 some afternoons) and barely make it thru all new posts each night

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Latest BIOS's are in a sticky here in this forum section. Here >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

Several Beta's after F6 here, but not sure why F6 is shown on the main page as the latest Beta now? So please do ask Stasio about that before you use any of the F7-F8's >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/277052-post204.html

If you think I can help, very likely, please list me your specs and a link to your ram and your full settings you are trying that fail and I will see what I can advise for you to try. Sorry bud, I am super busy here so I cant read thru all of this. Really, I spend 8-10 hours a night (Plus 3-4 some afternoons) and barely make it thru all new posts each night
    Thanks for the links. If you look at my reply to you earlier in this thread, (page 2...possibly 3) you will see that I gave you my settings (i plugged the numbers in to your quote) and gave a link to my ram. If you don't find it, I can copy and paste it in to another reply. Let me know if you can't find it. Thanks for your help as I know you're super busy, and I really appreciate any help.

marc

Quote Originally Posted by bius View Post
    You can try something like that
    Tried your settings but I can't run my ram at 1:1, it won't even post. Thanks for the screen shot though.

marc

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    Run Easytune 6 and check waht Auto sets the CPU PLL and CPU Termination to. I would not run more than 1.36V termination and 1.65V PLL for 24/7 use, these are voltages that can kill your CPU if set too high. They help a lot with overclocking but they're also pretty dangerous.
    Well when I run the 467x9 OC ET lists my tremination at 1.5 and PLL at 1.75. When running the 9x450 it lists 1.3 term and 1.75 for PLL. So the 467x9 OC those values you say are far too high, so this is going to kill my cpu, right? But it will run prime stable (well only tested about 2 hrs). Lsdmeasap says LLC is very bad, but the vdroop is crazy on this board. I have to set 1.41875 justo keep it from dropping below 1.36 when running prime. When no load it runs at 1.39.

Also, I tried your tRead suggestions and the tRead value doesn't seem to matter on this board. I plugged every number from the entire possible range and still can't boot at 1:1. I wish it did work because maybe I could use this 467x9 OC except set my ram at 934 instaed of 1121 because that's to high and my ram is going to fry. At 1121 ET lists my ram volts at 2.2, so i'm sure my ram is getting hot. At stock ram is at 1.8 or when using 450x9 OC ram runs at 2.1.

Thanks for your suggestions.

marc

Hey Marc,

Your numbers as they are look pretty decent. I hope (certainly) that Lsdmeasap can help you fine-tune them and improve your systems performance even more. Personally, (as I've said, I'm no expert so I always defer to others in these cases) I think your MCH Core is a bit high, and I think your insistence of running your RAM 1:1, just leaves me shaking my head in wonder, but hey that's OK. I think (though it's probably inappropriate, and who the heck am I anyway?) that with some things - and this is a perfect example - some folks should learn how to walk, before they can run. Good Luck running with this...

Regards,
    Last edited by Rob E.; 03-09-2009 at 01:22 AM.
    E7400 - GA-EP45-UD3R - Rosewill RCX-Z775-EX - OCZ2N1066SR2GK (2x1GB, 5-5-5-15 PL5) - GeForce 9400 GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob E. View Post
    Hey Marc,

Your numbers as they are look pretty decent. I hope (certainly) that Lsdmeasap can help you fine-tune them and improve your systems performance even more. Personally, (as I've said, I'm no expert so I always defer to others in these cases) I think your MCH Core is a bit high, and I think your insistence of running your RAM 1:1, just leaves me shaking my head in wonder, but hey that's OK. I think (though it's probably inappropriate, and who the heck am I anyway?) that with some things - and this is a perfect example - some folks should learn how to walk, before they can run. Good Luck running with this...

Regards,
    Thanks Rob, but please undestand, I'm notoopsed to running my ram at other ratios besides 1:1. But as I said, ram at 1061 will instantly fail prime large ffts and even sometimes lock up PC. I tried like heck to run that way and either I don't know what setting to change or the board just doesn't like it.

Right now however, I have it running at 467x9 with ram at 1:1 934, but it failed prime after about 30 mins. What do you suggest for changes to make this stable? Most everthing is on auto right now, but I have set vcore at 1.41875. Oh and by the way, you were saying that Turbo on ram was best for you, but this board only likes standard and disabled on xmp. Turbo works with 9x450 and stck of course, but anything higher and it seems to become really unstable. But again, I may not know what to set.

marc

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information