Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte p35c-ds3r rev 1.1 DDR3 ram

Default Gigabyte p35c-ds3r rev 1.1 DDR3 ram

Has anyone out there tried DDR3 ram on this board? how is it working?
    any improvement over DDR2 800 that you notice?
    they have a sale right now at FRY's and I am trying to decide if i should get 4gigs of 2x2gb DDR2 1066 ram (Cas 5) or 4 gigs of 2x2gb DDR3 1333 ram(cas 9), they selling both kits for the same price.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte p35c-ds3r rev 1.1 DDR3 ram

I think several of our members use that board, even some of our members who post often. Svcglobal is one I can think of off the top of my head

Have you did a search? If not, do a search, title only and then enter P35c. I found two pages that way to look thru

Personally I would get the DDR2 of the choices listed above as that DDR3 Speed wont add up to much more due to the high CAS. That is pretty high for DDR3, I use a set now that is 1600 CAS 7, just so you get what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I think several of our members use that board, even some of our members who post often. Svcglobal is one I can think of off the top of my head

Have you did a search? If not, do a search, title only and then enter P35c. I found two pages that way to look thru

Personally I would get the DDR2 of the choices listed above as that DDR3 Speed wont add up to much more due to the high CAS. That is pretty high for DDR3, I use a set now that is 1600 CAS 7, just so you get what I mean

thanks.

i had the ddr2 spec wrong i think....cas7 ddr2 1066 still faster than that cas 9 ddr3 1333?

Ya, but I have to say something different about the DDR2 now. DDR3 thought still applies

DDR2 1066 CAS 7 is crap, that is why maybe it is so cheap! I would not even buy DDR2 CAS 6 of any speed, let alone 7

Jus my thoughts. Best to save your money and buy something of quality as opposed to getting some crap cheap, unless you were in a bind and needed something right then and it didn't matter.

Otherwise you are just wasting your money that you could have saved for a week or three longer and bought something nice with

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ya, but I have to say something different about the DDR2 now. DDR3 thought still applies

DDR2 1066 CAS 7 is crap, that is why maybe it is so cheap! I would not even buy DDR2 CAS 6 of any speed, let alone 7

Jus my thoughts. Best to save your money and buy something of quality as opposed to getting some crap cheap, unless you were in a bind and needed something right then and it didn't matter.

Otherwise you are just wasting your money that you could have saved for a week or three longer and bought something nice with

well i found the 4 gb 1066 cas 5 corsair dominator kit for sale with a rebate...80 bucks...60 after rebate. those should be faster than my current setup of ocz 2gb oc to 900 mhz cash 5. and they would be better than ddr3 1333 cas 9 right?

Now, that sounds alot more like it!!!

I am not sure how DDR2 Compares to DDR3 really, Although I have both I have not ever compared them myself. I think the DDR3 would be faster anyway just due to the technology, but I could be wrong. Maybe Google could give you a general Idea of DDR2 VS DDR3 at the same speeds and timings?

But I can say, that is a much better DDR2 choice that you mention now, compared to the DDR2 you mentioned before!

got the dominators....system seems a little more responsive...still slow bootup.

xp 32bit only sees 3.25 gigs of ram.

planning to partition my hard drives into smaller sizes partition and reinstall win xp.

So did you tighten up your settings yet? XP will always be limited to 3.25-4GB depending on your GFX Card and other hardware.

You have RAID Setup? What disk do you use?

What size pagefile are you running? What do you use to Defrag with?

no raid...but i'm in the middle of repartitioning my 3 drives so i can have the important stuff in the front of the drive,,,while mp3's and file backups can resize in the slow part of drive. i will also create a 10 gig partition in fron of my biggest drive for the swap file.....but wiyth 3.25 gig i doubt i'l;l use the swap file much. i'm running the dominatior 1066 kid at 1080 5-5-5-15 timings, haven't done any stress testing but that dominator fan is starting to annoy me.

What about subtimings? They provide the second half of your memory's speed ya know.

What do you defrag with, no reply eh? I think you might wanna look into a good disk defragger, check out what I use and why (SmartPlacement, kinda what you are doing only to the best degree) >>
    PerfectDisk 10 Professional | Disk Defrag | PerfectDisk.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information