Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EX58-UD3R won't start up

Default EX58-UD3R won't start up

Hello I ordered a EX58-UD3R motherboard along with these parts:

1) Intel i7 920
    2) PSU CORSAIR|CMPSU-650TX 650W RT
    3) CASE CM690
    4) DDR3 OCZ PLATINUM 1600MHZ TRIPLE-CHANNEL 6GB (3 x 2GB) KIT 7-7-7-20

When I hooked everything up and tried to start it up, nothing happened, so I tested the PSU using this guide.

Tutorial: Suspect a Dead PSU? How to be sure - TechSpot Troubleshooting

The PSU worked on step 2.

I assume this means there must be problem with the motherboard or the way I have it set up? I followed the manual supplied with the mobo with regards to hooking everything up, the 3 sticks of ram are in the 3 spots it said to specifically put tripple channel memory into.

Just to clarifiy, with the PSU powering the mobo, when I run the computer on, absolutely nothing happens. No noises, sounds, movement, heat, or smells.

Can anyone help me:/?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EX58-UD3R won't start up

You MUST put the Memory in the white slots, labeled 1, 3, 5.

Not having the memory in the correct places is the about the only thing I have seen cause NOTHING to happen.

You may want to start by clearing the CMOS, this can often help many issues pretty easy. You can try the button if your board has one. If it does and you have no luck, then try my suggested method as well (See post #2) >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Other then that these are where you look next. Do you have the ATX 12V 8Pin connected, and the 24Pin cable? Did you look before installing the CPU to be sure NO Pins were bent? If you did not, please remove the CPU and look.

If all that is ok, then you should get the board out of the case and off the motherboard tray and put it on a wooden table or cardboard box. Then remove ALL hardware except the CPU, the memory, and your GFX card. NO Hard drives, no CD/DVD drives, ect. and see if it will start.

You may also want to try two sticks of ram while you have it out of the case as well, they would go in slots 1+3 (White) for Dual Channel

I've been having the exact same problem, I rma'd the board, new one has the same problem. I even bought a new psu to try on the 2nd board.
    i7 940
    3x1gb corsair 1600mhz ram

I tried a minimal setup, cpu, ram (1 stick), vid card -- no luck.

If I pull the 12v plug, it acts like it's powering on, but nothing outputs. With the 12v plug in, it flashes on for less than a second, then powers off. I cleared the cmos, nothing. I can't even get into a bios to see what version is on there.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them too.

Did you try to clear the CMOS using the method I linked above? If not, please do try doing it that way.

You do have the 8Pin ATX 12V plug and the 24Pin Connected right? Just checking, have to ask

I dont know why, but I see users mention that often, trying without power connectors??? Things wont work without power, no offense meant I just wonder why I see users try this so often?

Have you had it out of the case, off the motherboard tray to be sure there is no shorts?
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-13-2009 at 06:21 PM.

I did clear the cmos the way you said you before I did my first post. I tried it again just not to be sure. It didn't solve the problem. The board powers on for one second and shuts right down. I've seen one or two people on newegg review the board that had the same issue, along with a few other posts in various forums.
    Last edited by mxtx; 03-14-2009 at 02:08 AM.

I did have it out of the case, both power connectors connected

ok, I bought my board from MWAVE.com. It turns out that they sent me back the exact same board saying that it has bent socket pins. I called a local pc shop, and they've had to send back 3 of the same board this week with the exact same problem. there is a manufacturing issue I would have to say.

Did you send the board back to them with the CPU Cover on it? If not, they would say that for sure.

I always take pictures of the socket before I send it in to be sure they do not blame me for sending in bent pins.

You can contact Gigabyte and see if they will replace it for you, but you will have to tell them you know there will be a charge and that you will pay the charge for the socket replacement. I think it is $50-60

how bad is it? You can bend them back with a razor or mechanical pencil a lot of the time, have you tried this already?

Did you check for bent pins before? Could have been the issue with it before you sent it in. Well I guess it would be since they sent it back due to this issue.

Looking at it, I don't even see bent pins. I did send it back with the cover on. I paid through paypal for it, so I put in my dispute... who knows.

Exclamation Re: EX58-UD3R won't start up

I had a similar problem with a EX48 DQ6 Board in regards to the pins being supposedly bent, I took my board back to my Store after finding a Capacitor had fallen off the Motherboard and was sitting in the Plastic anti-static bag the motherboard ships in! My store sent the board back to their warehouse and they shipped it back saying there was no fault and the board posted but they found bent pins too on the socket! I had to straighten the pins myself (took over an hour) and sent it back telling them that how can the board work as normal if it is missing a capacitor that has fallen off the board in the first place?

They refused to replace it saying that it Posted AND that because of the bent pins they couldn't honor the store warranty anyhow!

I can tell you now there were NO bent pins when I sent it off, I think it is their way of dodging responsibility for the cost of replacement, and we are talking about a 350 dollar board too, now it is sitting in its box at home, might sell it on Ebay - just hope that someone who buys it doesn't count the capacitors ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information