Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EX58-UD4P Audio & LAN issues

Default GA-EX58-UD4P Audio & LAN issues

Hello all, I'm very new here, and I'm hoping someone here has had a similar problem.

I'm running the GA-EX58-UD4P, and after the build everything seemed PERFECT. It posted first time, booted up, installed windows, and then things started getting weird.

When Windows booted up, it played its generic sound, and halfway through the sound, it completely cut out. From that point forward, no audio. Everytime I reboot, when it turns off it plays the first half of the welcome sound, and when I shut off it plays the 2nd half of the shut down sound, but when the computer is on, I cant get audio to play through the speakers.

Second issue is a lack of internet access. It seems it never connected from the first boot. I installed the updated drivers off the CD, and in device manager I'm still seeing the yellow exclamation mark with a message telling me the drivers are not installed, or incompatible. I read on Newegg, a user that had a similar LAN problem, deleted the driver and let Windows use the driver it had, I tried that and once again, Windows prompted me with "installing driver" and then gave me another message "driver failed to install". It seems like the driver just wont stick.

I also updated to the latest F6 Bios, hoping that may do something...it didn't.

Any help would be appreciated, I contacted Gigabyte but it's been 4 days, and they have not wrote me back. More specs below...

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 (3 x 2GB)
    EVGA GTX 295 Videocard
    Vista Home Premium

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD4P Audio & LAN issues

Have you installed the latest drivers? If not, I would suggest you start there as the CD contains old drivers.

Here is the latest Intel Chipset drivers, install this first then reboot and install the LAN and RealTek drivers then reboot again

Intel INF Chipset (Multi OS, x86/x64)
    Software License Agreement

LAN And RealTek (Gigabyte page)
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver - GA-EX58-UD4P (rev. 1.0)

RealTek, pick the drivers in Audio from the Top two choices, depending on your system x86/x64

LAN you want the second (last) LAN Driver download for Vista

If you still have sound issues or LAN after this please post me a expaned image of your Device manager, and then also post a image of your Sounds window from Control Panel and I will see if I can help you with your Sound issue.

As for your LAN, if this does not fix it for you please post for me what BIOS settings you are using per LAN in the Integrated Peripherals BIOS page

Thanks for the response. It seems very helpful, unfortunately my RMA window was closing so I just sent it back to newegg. I'm worried that the replacement may have the same issues so I will be back in a few days to let you know if the new one is working or not.

Also I just visited the links you provided and the drivers listed were the same ones I installed. I ended up grabbing them when the drivers on the CD weren't working. Gigabyte's non-existant customer support is a bit frustrating. The only way to contact is to write an email. It's been 6 days, and when I go in to see my support ticket is still shows as "waiting to be read".

Thanks for the help, I'll have an update as soon as I get by new board.

Ahh, well At least you deal with Newegg so your RMA will be quick.

Ya, I am sure they are very short staffed as I often see comments about it taking 3-5 days for a reply. Your wait does seem a bit long, I would email again to be sure.

And do keep in mind, we are here to help here as well if you do have the same issues.

When you do get your new setup going, do not use the CD to install drivers, do them all manually from downloaded latest sources.

I would install them in this order:

1. Intel Inf Chipset then reboot
    2. Audio and LAN then Reboot
    3. Windows updates then reboot

LSD,

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

I got my RMA today and spent a little bit putting everything back together. This time the audio worked perfectly and the LAN was still out.

I tried to install the Inf update, but I got the error telling me that I am trying to install a file, when the version I currently have is newer.

So I skipped the Inf update and went straight to the LAN driver from the link you provided. As soon as the driver go installed, my internet came online instantly.

The very strange thing about this whole ordeal, is if I go to Gigabyte's website, and navigate to the drivers for my board, I see everything but the LAN drivers section. It's not there AT ALL. I just checked it again seconds ago, and when I navigate there from Gigabytes main page it shows everything but the LAN drivers. When I click the link you provided the site looks identical but the LAN section is now there.

Before your link the only LAN drivers I had access to was the ones on the CD which clearly werent working.

So thanks again man, you were a HUGE help!!! Now I need to get a better monitor because I am seeing soooo much pukable graphics because my new video card is a beast!

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

I tried to install the Inf update, but I got the error telling me that I am trying to install a file, when the version I currently have is newer.
    Sounds like you used the CD again? I linked the latest INF Update, so if you do have a newer version installed it may be a Beta or one Intel has pulled for good reason

Ya there is Several Gigabyte servers, for many countries. Maybe the one you had been looking at before just needed updated? I get all my drivers direct from the source, or other sites such as Station-Drivers or JZelectronics because the Gigabyte pages are often outdated drivers

Nice to hear you are all up and running!!! Good luck on your new Monitor hunt!

The Inf that I tried to install that gave me the error was the only I got from you. But last night Windows prompted me to make a fix, and it was telling me I needed to fix my INF, and also tried to get to me to install the same one you linked to. I'm going to install it now just to be safe.

Thanks for the help!

Thread Information