Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crucial DDR3 1333 1GB RAM wont work on GA-X58-UD3R

Default Crucial DDR3 1333 1GB RAM wont work on GA-X58-UD3R

Right now I have 2X 1GB sticks of Crosair XMS3 DDR3 RAM and everything works fine. I decided to pick up another gig of RAM for I can run tri-channel so I got Crucial 1GB DDR3 1333 RAM. Newegg.com - Crucial 1GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

When I put it in, the computer will just turn on and shut off a few seconds later, then repeat itself over and over again, even if you leave it on for a few minutes. I then tried to just put the one stick of the Crucial in by itself and the same thing happened.

Is this RAM not compatible with this motherboard or is something wrong with the RAM stick or the motherboard? Thanks to anyone that helps.

Default Re: Crucial DDR3 1333 1GB RAM wont work on GA-X58-UD3R

It is very common for tow differnt brands/modesl of RAM not to work with each other unfortuantely. You can try the Crucial DIMM by itself and it will probably work, but there's not much you can do if it doesn't boot when the Corsair RAM is installed.

kick is offline Senior Member

My knowledge of ddr3 is low,well actually 0 aside from my gx card,but until you get a better reply:
    Load the bios optimum defaults and save them(assuming your pc is back working now).
    Then pop in the crucial stick,and hopefully your mbrd will autodetect the 3 sticks and put in some timings the 3 sticks will work together at,then load and save defaults again.
    Or if your really pushed to see if the one crucial works on its own,just put that in after you save defaults.
    On the ddr2 boards you can interrupt the power on power off cycle by holding down the power button till it stops then turn of the psu switch for say a minute to be sure.
    Then turn back on again.If you reach the bios load and save the optimum defaults to be sure the mbrd "sees" the new ram.
    Then try some minor adjustments if you are overclocking,and save and reboot.
    Or maybe as above the sticks wont work together,if you need a matched pair for dual channel guaranteed,it seems as tho u would certainly need 3 matched for tri channel,r whatever its called.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

I tried the one stick of Crucial RAM by itself but that still didn't work. I will try resetting the bios though and see if I can get it to work, if not then I should RMA it right?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

What slots are you using for the triple channel attempts? And the single Crucial attempts?

You should be using the White slots for all tests, 1, 3, 5 for triple, and slot 1 for single. Although the manual shows only dual and triple, so single may not work?

WOW, $14 for a 1GB of DDR3 nice price, but may also be indicative of Quality and Quality control put into testing the product before shipment? I will do some tests with the Crucial I have tonight and see if a single stick will work.

I am using these Crucial's without issue >>
    Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

As said above though, you cannot mix sticks of ram and expect them to work, especially two different brands will most often always have issues on the same channel (How you are trying right now)

What is the Corsair Specs, link?

This board only has four slots, so for the triple channel I tried slot 1-3-4 and 1-2-4, and for the single stick I tried all of them. The manual says that if you use one stick then you should use slot one, so it should work with one slot then.

For the second slot, which is the blue one, the manual said that the board can use a different types of memory since it is using "Flex Memory Mode", so wouldn't it work with the two different types of memory then?

I also tried one Corsair stick by itself and it worked fine, so I don't think it should have any problem running the Crucial stick by itself.

Here are the Corsair specs:
    Capacity 2GB (2 x 1GB)
    Speed DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)
    Cas Latency 9
    Timing 9-9-9-24
    Heat Spreader Yes
    Features Silver Heat Spreader

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145183
    Last edited by speedy2721; 03-13-2009 at 02:35 AM.

Well yes and no. Sure you can use two types of memory, but you have to be able to get into the BIOS and change that different channels timings. And the voltages would need to be the same for each as well

Those are two different voltage sticks. The crucial may or may not work at 1.6 but since you tried it by itself and it does not work then it sounds like either the stick is not compatible with this board or that stick just happens to be DOA

I cannot find anything in google with users using those sticks and any X58-UD model boards, so they may not work together. Have you called and asked Crucial about them, they may be able to tell you pretty quick. I would call, because they may just send you a free replacement that is compatible since the original stick was so cheap to begin with. They are a great company so don't worry about giving them a call >>

Toll-free for US and Canada
    800-336-8915

Phone
    1-208-363-5790

Hours (MST):
    Monday - Friday: 7am - 6pm

Of course newegg RMA is great as well, but I'd give Crucial a call up first and see what they have to offer

Ok thanks, I will give them a call on Monday then and see what they say. If I have to RMA it through newegg though, there is a no refund on that item so I don't know how I would get a different RAM stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    It is very common for tow differnt brands/modesl of RAM not to work with each other unfortuantely. You can try the Crucial DIMM by itself and it will probably work, but there's not much you can do if it doesn't boot when the Corsair RAM is installed.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://ancientnovels.com/general/apple%e2%80%99s-new-ipod-shuffle/?tracker=3248"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://ancientnovels.com/general/apple%e2%80%99s-new-ipod-shuffle/?tracker=3248" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
    It's sad that they don't put more effort into compatibility with different brands, I see that as being the result of marketing or greed intentions.

Ahh ya, well I guess you would get stuck with it like that from Newegg. At least it was cheap!

Give crucial a call and explain that when you speak with them as well, I am sure they will work something out for you!

Let us know what they say

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information