Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EP45-UD3P - Windows Install Asks for Driver

Default Re: EP45-UD3P - Windows Install Asks for Driver

Still no joy. Intel driver loads OK the HDD flashes periodically but after 30 seconds or so I get a Load Driver window pop up.

The drives alway appear in the booting screen.

If they appear than it's OK (dont't worry "Drives still do not appear in the Standard CMOS drive list.").

It seems you have to DL appropriate drivers, put them on a flash stick and point to them when asked.

However, it's a bit strange - w7 has ahci drivers for p45.

OK. Thanks for that information. The drive does appear in other areas such as boot drive selection.

I have downloaded the Intel Matrix Storage Manager 64-bit driver (for ICH10R controller) and can load it fine.

Drive does not show up after that.

Cheers,
    Bill

Have no idea what OS ru tryin' to set up. Both Vista and w7 don't require any kind of conjures in order to load.

The last resort could be to disable ahci in bios, then you should go fine with the setup in ide mode.

Hope it helps.

Doesn't matter. I want the option of installing several OSes, including but not limited to:

Hyper-V
    SBS 2008
    Win 7

Not much point in having a fast SATA drive and then crippling it by not using AHCI.

Disabling AHCI does not help. Drive is still not found by setup even though it exists in BIOS drive list.

I'm now startingto think the drive is somehow faulty. Brand-new, seems to be spinning, etc.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

This should help ya get going. Vista, or Win7 will not require a driver unless you do want to use AHCI and then it normally would not either as it has it's own built in AHCI (Generic) drivers.

So I think the initial issue here was posts in use maybe? Do you have your drives connected to the Yellow ports? This is the Intel Controller, the purple (Slower) one is the Gigabyte/J.Micron controller and that << Would need a driver to load a OS onto if set to AHCI or RAID.

Remove any jumpers on your SATA Drives and then plug your OS Disk into the First Yellow slot (SATAII 0), then connect your DVD Drive to the Last one or two SATA Slots (SATAII 5 or SATAII 6)

Here is how you should have your settings in the BIOS for Operating System install on the Intel Controllers for a SATA Setup AHCI And or IDE/PATA/Normal (NON AHCI/RAID Setup).

Be sure to connect your OS disk to the first Yellow controller labeled SATAII 0

Integrated Peripherals

Normal IDE/PATA Mode (NON AHCI)

Intel Controller (Yellow)
    SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. Disabled
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Gigabyte/J.Micron Controller (Purple)
    Onboard SATA/IDE Device (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ............. Enabled If you want to use this for anything
    Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ........... IDE

Integrated Peripherals

AHCI Mode

Intel Controller (Yellow)
    SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. AHCI
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Gigabyte/J.Micron Controller (Purple)
    Onboard SATA/IDE Device (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ............. Enabled If you need to use this for anything
    Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ........... IDE

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, what does "So I think the initial issue here was posts in use maybe?" mean?

Vista 64 does not install either. The SATA drivers are, as you say, on the Vista CD. Setup message says "No drives were found". It seems that this is the issue and is preventing the installation of any OS whatsoever. What a PIA.

I can confirm that the SATA HDD drive is connected to yellow (orange-ish) SATA2 0 port and the SATA DVD drive is connected to SATA2 5. Neither drive has any jumpers.

The Integrated Peripherals are set as you have indicated. I have tried both the AHCI and IDE settings. Neither work.

I don't have another SATA drive handy so I can't check if the drive might be faulty. I will try another cable and report back.

Regards,
    Bill
    Last edited by billyg1943; 03-11-2009 at 02:42 PM.

New SATA cable no help. I'm going to put the IDE drive back and see if that works. If it does not then it has to be a mainboard problem, eh?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information