Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Bricked my motherboard after offical bios update

Default Bricked my motherboard after offical bios update

Hi guys i just bricked my wifes computer after updating it with this bios motherboard_bios_ga-m57sli-s4_f14 from gigabyte official web site how bad is that. now it wont come on at all not even to bios so have to rma it now just bee warned

My motherboard is GA-M57SLI-S4

Default Re: Bricked my motherboard after offical bios update

If it has a dual bios, this might help:
    GA-X48T-DQ6 bios F5 - PC Perspective Forums
    But if you are not sure what you are doing, then contact Gigabyte

Inteluser

Thanks will give it a try got nothink to loose now its bricked.

Tried it but nothink happened so will rma the board back at least i have my computer.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, that would not work since you only have one physical BIOS chip on that board, that method shorts out the MAIN BIOS so the secondary BIOS chip kicks in. Something you cannot do with your board since there is only one physical chip

Did you have a floppy drive ALREADY Connected? If so you may be able to blind flash it, see here >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

I would also see post #2 in that thread and try to clear the CMOS Fully a few times and see if that helps, afterwards leave only one stick of ram in the first slot and see if the board will start up

Please do read that whole guide though so you wont have flash issues or be worried/scared in the future. I suppose you used @BIOS to flash it right? Next time just use Qflash and you will be fine
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-12-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ya, that would not work since you only have one physical BIOS chip on that board, that method shorts out the MAIN BIOS so the secondary BIOS chip kicks in. Something you cannot do with your board since there is only one physical chip

Did you have a floppy drive ALREADY Connected? If so you may be able to blind flash it, see here >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

I would also see post #2 in that thread and try to clear the CMOS Fully a few times and see if that helps, afterwards leave only one stick of ram in the first slot and see if the board will start up

Please do read that whole guide though so you wont have flash issues or be worried/scared in the future. I suppose you used @BIOS to flash it right? Next time just use Qflash and you will be fine
    Yes m8 did use @bios to flash the new bios but the board has gone back now to be replaced as the ethernet stopped working anyway.

thanks for your help

Thread Information