Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constant Reboot/Power Cycling with GA EX58-UD4P

Default Re: Constant Reboot/Power Cycling with GA EX58-UD4P

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    That for sure sounds to me like there is a short in the wire, or switch, or behind the board as there should be no connection present until you press the switch in. Apparently there is it sounds like to me
    Thank you in particular for your comment about "behind the board". I just installed my new GA-EP45-UD3L and it was just power cycling as the original poster described. In my situation, I installed an additional metal standoff on the case in a place that didn't end up accepting a screw. This was the very corner of the board right beneath the power switch connectors. I stuck a business card between the standoff and the motherboard and now I boot right up. I don't really want to take everything out just to remove that standoff, because I worked so hard to route the cables and everything.

Thanks again!

Default Re: Constant Reboot/Power Cycling with GA EX58-UD4P

Quote Originally Posted by ElijahAO View Post
    Thank you in particular for your comment about "behind the board". I just installed my new GA-EP45-UD3L and it was just power cycling as the original poster described. In my situation, I installed an additional metal standoff on the case in a place that didn't end up accepting a screw. This was the very corner of the board right beneath the power switch connectors. I stuck a business card between the standoff and the motherboard and now I boot right up. I don't really want to take everything out just to remove that standoff, because I worked so hard to route the cables and everything.

Thanks again!
    Well I definitely do not have a short anywhere behind the board, there are precisely 9 metal standoff screws and all 9 are screwed in. (The Antec 900-2 actually requires the user to put in several standoff screws according to the type of board they are putting in.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information