Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: First page of POST output

Default First page of POST output

I've got a rather simple question... I'm putting my new EP45-UD3R system together. So far so good, but there is so much output on the POST screen for PCI device listing (all normal as far as I can tell), the first page scrolls off the top. Nothing boots yet as I haven't installed my OS so I'm setting at the DISK BOOT FAILURE prompt.

I'd like to look at that screen to see the BIOS version number and the other information.

Control-S didn't seem to help pause the output. Am I missing something obvious to see the first page?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: First page of POST output

It will go by pretty fast, depending on your GFX Card and the rest of your system.

If you need to check the BIOS version please go into the BIOS By pressing the Delete key a few times at bootup and then on the MAIN Page of the BIOS press F9 and you will see the BIOS version

If you want you can also disable the Gigabyte Full screen Logo image (The first Page of the Post) by disabling the setting in advanced BIOS page and then you will also see some info, but it will go by pretty fast as well.

Ah, F9 does help quite a bit. I was just wondering if there was some system log of the output like I have on the Itanium server I have at work. Its management processor lets me go back in the EFI output.

I think I'll take some photos with my digital SLR as well just to get a good look.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, nothing like that on a normal board such as this.

Post back if you have any other questions about things.

Thread Information