Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easy Tune 6 (ET6), update nag

Default Re: Easy Tune 6 (ET6), update nag

you must be useing more then 6 gigs of ram i noticed when i run 6 gigs it opens fine on start up

if i have 12 gigs installed i get the update propt

I would just uninstall it as easy tune is really worthless only thing is good for is seeing your CPU temp

if you overclock your better off doing everything from bios
    Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Water Cooled
    Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
    2 Gigabyte GTX 480 in SLI
    6 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM in Raid 0
    2 Plextor sata Blu_ray Drives Model PX-B320SA
    Ultra X4 1200 Watt
    Thermaltake Armor+Thermaltake Bigwater 760 IS
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
    Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1 Suround 700 watt
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

All Beta BIOS's are here if you would like to try one out >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

You would need to either look thru the thread for which has been reported to solve what, or just try the latest Beta.

Nothing is rebuilt in the registry after you disable Easytune the way I noted, I always do it that way myself. What you do have to do maybe I did not mention is to make the noted changes after you install it and reboot, and of course anytime you update the program as well. It does not run to Nag on startup at all on my systems, services or otherwise even with the NON functioning older versions and older BIOS's

I am sorry for making all these suggestions for you, only to now realize why you wanted Easytune! I do not suggest you use it anyway for overclocking, most of us use it ONLY for voltage references or to show others in images what settings/voltages are used for what clocks, or to test small changes before making them in the BIOS.

All real overclocking should always be done in the BIOS.

I suggest you use RealTemp or CoreTemp to monitor your core temps and you can use Everest Ultimate to monitor voltages and other temps (Core Temps included) all on one page (Computer, sensor section).

I use Everest and RealTemp myself, here is a pic of Everest Sensor page, which shows voltages, temps, fan speeds, and CPU power used to give you an example>>>

You can get both of these here >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...y-tools-30530/

If you use RealTemp please be sure to calibrate it, here is the guide on that >>
    Documentation & Calibration Page

Cool Re: Easy Tune 6 (ET6), update nag

Thanks to all for your excellent suggestions.
    Easy Tune gets uninstalled tonight.

True or not, I considered any BIOS that was posted on the Gigabyte site as a non-beta 'official' BIOS. Anything else I considered Beta.

It's odd that you mention 6 gig memory. I set up 6 gig in my rig to test a 64bit windows system. I know it doesn't work on 32bit. \\

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

At the Gigabyte site they post Beta's and Final BIOS's. The Beta's always have a letter after them. Here we post only Beta's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information