Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EX38-DQ6 and Corsair Dominator 1066 Ram not stable?

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: EX38-DQ6 and Corsair Dominator 1066 Ram not stable?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn2009 View Post
    if I set it to 1.30 to get 2.1V I can't even get into Windows proper before it hard locks?
    Not sure what you saying. Did you mean +0.3?
    Anyway, loaded optimized defaults and changes timings I assume.
    Mahe sure DRAM Performance Enhance is disabled, and post screen capture of MemSet (timings & spd), and HWMonitor if you can.

I assume you re-installed your OS but problem can still possibly be driver, or maybe your memory.

gone are the days when you can just throw the memory in and it works apparently :(
    Indeed LOL

Did you overclock your video card? If you overclocking it too much, it will cause your games to freeze.

I would try downclocking my video card or increase voltage on it, to rule out the possibility of an unstable video card.

Core2Duo E8500 E0 @4.25GHz (500x8.5)
    | Windows 7 RC Build 7100 | Visiontek HD4850 OC 685/1100
    Gigabyte
    GA-EP45T-DS3R | 4Gb (2x2Gb) 1333MHz Patriot DDR3 | 1.14TB (640+500gb) WDC Green
    Antec Earthwatts 500w |
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Screenshots:
    [1][2][3][4][5][6]

Question Re: EX38-DQ6 and Corsair Dominator 1066 Ram not stable?

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Not sure what you saying. Did you mean +0.3?
    Anyway, loaded optimized defaults and changes timings I assume.
    Mahe sure DRAM Performance Enhance is disabled, and post screen capture of MemSet (timings & spd), and HWMonitor if you can.

I assume you re-installed your OS but problem can still possibly be driver, or maybe your memory.

Indeed LOL
    Yeah I meant 0.3 lol not 1.3, now I know the specs for my Dominator Ram say 2.1V but like I said if I manually set the Ram to 0.3 and take the Voltages off Auto, I can barely get into Windows before it hard locks causing a hard reboot!

I am not sure if it is the timings causing the problems and maybe I should adjust the 5-5-5-15 to 5-5-5-16 or the such OR it is the Voltages on the Ram. I am almost sure my issues are Ram setting induced because everything else is reporting its fine, CPU temps are great with my Zalman cooler, doesn't get above 38 degrees Celsius at load, my 8800GTS 512 likewise is looking great using GPU-Z, of course I up the fan speed using RivaTuner to around 55 percent and the temps don't go above about 66-68 degrees Celsius which is just fine.

Should I take the Voltages off auto and try UPPING the Ram Voltage past 0.3 (is this dangerous will I damage the memory?) OR should I lower it down and see if it improves stability, OR just play with the Memory Timings?

If this gets all too hard I will just throw my old DDR 2 PC8500 Kingston HyperX Ram back in, although I am sure I will run into the same issues :(

Any ideas? Anyone else using this Motherboard and Ram, if so what have you set it to to get stability?

Thanks !

my 8800GTS 512 likewise is looking great using GPU-Z, of course I up the fan speed using RivaTuner to around 55 percent and the temps don't go above about 66-68 degrees Celsius which is just fine.
    You think temperature is the only issue with GPU overclocking? It's not..

If your video card is unstable, it will freeze your games, even if your GPU temp is below 50c.

"Looking great in GPU-Z" is not good enough. I think you should do a real GPU stress test and see if any errors/artifacts come up.

Gigabyte
    Antec Earthwatts 500w |
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Screenshots:
    [1][2][3][4][5][6]

Quote Originally Posted by creamsoda View Post
    You think temperature is the only issue with GPU overclocking? It's not..

If your video card is unstable, it will freeze your games, even if your GPU temp is below 50c.

"Looking great in GPU-Z" is not good enough. I think you should do a real GPU stress test and see if any errors/artifacts come up.
    lol dude its NOT my video card, it has been fine with my previous Motherboard it is still fine, I have NEVER got any artifacts or graphical issues, and that doesn't explain why when I put the Memory Voltages to the recommended specs the PC locks up as soon as I get into Windows.

If you look at the first page of this thread the guy who represents Gigayte here on these forums said a majority of lock up issues in games are memory related. Gpu is fine and I have already stress tested it.

If you look at the first page of this thread the guy who represents Gigayte here on these forums said a majority of lock up issues in games are memory related. Gpu is fine and I have already stress tested it.
    Lsd's exact words: "Issues in games more then anything else is normally memory, voltages, or your GFX Card"

Both Lsd & I, are telling you that it could possibly be your video card.

Gigabyte
    Antec Earthwatts 500w |
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Screenshots:
    [1][2][3][4][5][6]

Quote Originally Posted by creamsoda View Post
    Lsd's exact words: "Issues in games more then anything else is normally memory, voltages, or your GFX Card"

Both Lsd & I, are telling you that it could possibly be your video card.
    Why are you so focused on my Video Card? You have problems with Video Cards? It is fine, trust me, I have NEVER had any issues with it, no artifacts, no overheating and I can play whatever DVD's BlueRays, MPegs whatever without EVER having any locking up issues.

I am telling you I am almost positive it is Memory Voltages or Timings related I just need to know what set it to to fix it ! I have experience with PC's and upgrading but these sorts of non-standard, inbetween Memory Modules have me stumped. I.e not DDR2 800 or DDR3 1333 etc but something inbetween! I am pretty sure the Bios does not set the memory correctly on Auto setting as others have stated if you read through the threads here, but every system is also different, people have to fiddle to find what works for their system, I was just trying to cut out some of the fiddling and find if anyone has already done this and found what works!

Thanks!

Chike is offline Senior Member

So you want to argue or solve this?
    Can you post those screen captures please?

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    So you want to argue or solve this?
    Can you post those screen captures please?
    Of what? It doesn't do anything weird in anything, no graphical glitches, no artifacts, all signs that something isn't right with the Video Card.

Are you reading what else I am typing, and I am not arguing its just you are focussing on the Video Card when I have NEVER had any issues with it?

If you read my last post on the last page you will see that I said I can play games for 30 mins or more it is ONLY when going from the game to the Menu for example, OR when going from an Interior Cell to an External Cell or Vice Versa in games like FO3. Now I know the games store areas in the Memory, what I think is happening is the memory isn't storing the info correctly, could be a faulty stick of Memory OR just bad timings and voltages. I will run a mem test to see but it is going to take alot of changing then testing to see if it is having issues. If all else fails and the memory is reporting properly I will then look at other things lol
    Last edited by Thorn2009; 07-12-2009 at 01:16 AM.

If you look at the first page of this thread
    if you read through the threads here
    Are you reading what else I am typing
    If you read my last post
    Maybe you're the one who needs to start reading more carefully...

Chike isn't talking about the video card... He's asking you to post screenshots of Memset & HWMonitor. jesus christ...

Gigabyte
    Antec Earthwatts 500w |
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Screenshots:
    [1][2][3][4][5][6]

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information