Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 4ghz, UD3R and Team Xtreeme Dark 2x2GB DDR1066

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: 4ghz, UD3R and Team Xtreeme Dark 2x2GB DDR1066

No need to calculate. At 1.20 Vtt you just pick what MCH Ref you want, Ohh of course yes I guess you are right that .76 is really 67%. I listed a few of the % in my guide linked in my sig if you are not sure of all of them

CPU Ref should be messed with last I think, others may tell you different though.

Above 400 FSB using B strap is all about the ram, since this is good ram we are talking about have you tried jumping to say 450 or more on B to see if it will Boot? This move of course would need CPU Stability first so you may need to stabilize the CPU to be sure using a D multi then move back to B testing. You would also need to try different amount More/less Vtt and MCH Ref. and higher tRD.

In the end, not all ram will run far on the B strap above 400 FSB, until you get into 500 FSB. So you may want to just move onto the D strap and use 2.66 or above, not much difference between B and D really on P45, and actually I found that using the correct strap per your FSB did come out ahead anyway in some small testing I done a week or so ago >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f58/2-00...arision-31656/

I dont recommend you use 1.45 Vtt, you can try it but it is not advised especially for 24/7 use. You should not need more then 1.34 for under 500 FSB

Your temps make me think you need a new cooler, just a random though. That is a good cooler you have though right? Sorry they have so many models, wasn't sure. Maybe you are just pushing to much Vcore, or like you said could be a bum chip. What CPU is this again anyway, not in your siggy for some odd reason

I suggest a few things about your template right away.... IS there a reason you are using CPU Clock drive 700? You did start with Optimized right? And I hate .5 multi's is there a reason you are using this? Just wondering those things is all

What MCH Ref is that when you have Vtt at 1.20? That may be why you need a higher Vtt if it is too high/low of a MCH Ref

I agree with your B testing, some ram/BIOS/Boards do better at varying points with B or D it all just depends on to many things. Sometimes B will work when D should and other times B wont work when it should and you have to use D

P45 = Very Picky

Thanks again

Above 400 FSB using B strap is all about the ram, since this is good ram we are talking about have you tried jumping to say 450 or more on B to see if it will Boot? This move of course would need CPU Stability first so you may need to stabilize the CPU to be sure using a D multi then move back to B testing. You would also need to try different amount More/less Vtt and MCH Ref. and higher tRD.
    - I have just tested booting with 450 FSB. System boots with 2.00B multi but not 2.40B. Im not to sure why this is, could be my ram not running over 1066 as with 2.40B its set as 1080? I will try as you said to get stable with 2.40B.

Your temps make me think you need a new cooler, just a random though. That is a good cooler you have though right? Sorry they have so many models, wasn't sure. Maybe you are just pushing to much Vcore, or like you said could be a bum chip. What CPU is this again anyway, not in your siggy for some odd reason
    - Ive always been concerned about my temps since I bought the E8400. My cooler is a good one yes, its the Xigmatek Achilles S1284C which is the same as the S1283. I looked at this review before I bought it to make sure its temps were good. However they are not on my system!

I also have had this chip running with the massive Scythe Orochi (which is also listed in the above link)and my temps were just as bad. I always came to the conclusion it was just my chip. There isnt a particulary hot ambient temp, in fact teh ambient temp at most is 24'c.

Id like to get a new sink, but I feel I already have tried two good ones with dissapointing results.

I suggest a few things about your template right away.... IS there a reason you are using CPU Clock drive 700? You did start with Optimized right? And I hate .5 multi's is there a reason you are using this? Just wondering those things is all
    - I only used 700mv as this was the clock drive mentioned on the review I read on clunk forums. Its stable, so is there any reason I should change it? I know it sets to 800mv by default and it did when I optimised back to defaults.

Why exactly is it you hate .5 multies? The reason I am running 7.5 is due to the fact its the only way I can run my CPU at 4ghz at the same time as ram at 1066! If there is a better way to do this please let me know! But the reason I went for this is due to the fact I cant get the 2.40B strap working at 450 or so FSB. The 2.66D strap doesnt alow me to get 4ghz out of the CPU as my RAM limits at 1100. I can only get 3.71 GHZ this way which doesnt even beat my previous overclock of 3.83 with 426FSB on 2.00B!
    What MCH Ref is that when you have Vtt at 1.20? That may be why you need a higher Vtt if it is too high/low of a MCH Ref
    I have tried everything on 1.20. In my 9x426 2.00B config i run Auto. My sweet spot tends to be between .57-.58 percent, but it seems to differ depending on my overclock.

Thanks again matey.

EDIT* Updated sig to include CPU.
    Last edited by Dodgexander; 05-03-2009 at 07:55 PM.
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    CPU: E8400 C0
    Memory: Team Xtreem Dark PC2 8500 DDR2 1066MHz CL5 (2*2GB)
    GPU: XFX GTX280
    Sound: Xonar HDAV Deluxe
    HDD's: WD VelociRaptor, WD Blue AAKS, WD Blue 2500BB
    PSU: Corsair HX620
    Case: Sharkoon Rebel12 Value
    CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Achilles S1284C
    Fans: Intake & Extract Top: Sharkoon 140MM 5v mod, Intake Bottom Opposite HDD's: Scythe 120mm Low RPM Drive Bay
    HDD's In 5.25 bay held in 2x Nexus DoubleTwins
    Disc Drives: Blu Ray/HDDVD LG GGCH20L, Pioneer DVR-216DBK
    Monitor: Samsung LE40M86B
    Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR255
    Speaker System: Q Accoustics 5.1i System

Natalya Simonova: Do you destroy every vehicle you get into?
    James Bond: Standard operating procedure. Boys with toys.
    Goldeneye

No matter what I try I cannot get over 430 FSB Stable on the 2.40B strap.Why is it 2.00B is fine 500+ fsb but 2.40 cant get above 430?

I have tried:

- Raising and lowering tRd between 8-12
    - Testing .57% - 58% MCH Ref with VTT ranging from 1.200 to 1.380.
    - Drive Strength 1066 and 1200.

Can I try anything else?

EDIT* No matter what I tried I couldnt get 2.40B stable over 430. I decided to have some fun and bench my system. Just wondered what you think :) temps are a bit lower now than before 79'c peak 75-76 normal using burn in test. Exactly 10'c lower when using Prime.

First bench run, GTX 280 Stock. 602 MHz Clock 1296 MHz Shader 1107 Mhz Memory. PI, XS realtemp bench and vantage performance:

Overclocked GPU using OCCT GPU test for artifacts. Evga precision does a nice job :) New clocks: 710 MHz Clock 1484 MHz Shader 1230 Mhz Memory. Each of these put my standard card above any of XFX's pre overclocked GTX 280's apart from my 2460 memory effective. XFX offer an exteeme GTX 280 with 2500 memory. Their flagship card is 670,1458,2500 lol:

Vantage performance after overclock:

Any good for my system?
    Last edited by Dodgexander; 05-04-2009 at 08:56 AM.
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    CPU: E8400 C0
    Memory: Team Xtreem Dark PC2 8500 DDR2 1066MHz CL5 (2*2GB)
    GPU: XFX GTX280
    Sound: Xonar HDAV Deluxe
    HDD's: WD VelociRaptor, WD Blue AAKS, WD Blue 2500BB
    PSU: Corsair HX620
    Case: Sharkoon Rebel12 Value
    CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Achilles S1284C
    Fans: Intake & Extract Top: Sharkoon 140MM 5v mod, Intake Bottom Opposite HDD's: Scythe 120mm Low RPM Drive Bay
    HDD's In 5.25 bay held in 2x Nexus DoubleTwins
    Disc Drives: Blu Ray/HDDVD LG GGCH20L, Pioneer DVR-216DBK
    Monitor: Samsung LE40M86B
    Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR255
    Speaker System: Q Accoustics 5.1i System

Natalya Simonova: Do you destroy every vehicle you get into?
    James Bond: Standard operating procedure. Boys with toys.
    Goldeneye

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information