Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P no sound




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default GA-EP45-UD3P no sound

    I have just completed a build with the GA-EP45-UD3P and the sound doesn't work. My question is if there is no "sound" label in the device manager does that mean that windows does not see the recognize the system has any sound hardware (in other words, the sound hardware is
    defective). I have, of course installed the sound drivers from the disk, and the newer ones on the gigabyte website. I am wondering if I need to send this back to newegg for a replacement, I have built 8 others with this motherboard and the sound worked on them all.

    Vista 64 bit sp 1 install
    intell q9400
    600 watt ps
    6 gig ram (was 8, 1 stick was bad)
    nvidia 9600 gt

  2. #2

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P no sound

    Quote Originally Posted by jamination View Post
    I have just completed a build with the GA-EP45-UD3P and the sound doesn't work. My question is if there is no "sound" label in the device manager does that mean that windows does not see the recognize the system has any sound hardware (in other words, the sound hardware is
    defective). I have, of course installed the sound drivers from the disk, and the newer ones on the gigabyte website. I am wondering if I need to send this back to newegg for a replacement, I have built 8 others with this motherboard and the sound worked on them all.

    Vista 64 bit sp 1 install
    intell q9400
    600 watt ps
    6 gig ram (was 8, 1 stick was bad)
    nvidia 9600 gt
    Jamination, sorry if most of the following is obvious, no offense intended.

    In Vista it's called, "Sound, video and game controllers".

    1. If the Audio is disabled in BIOS, then your PC won't know you have an on-board sound card and it won't show up in Device Manger.

    The following stuff comes to mind if on-board audio is enabled in BIOS, and your Audio does show up in device Manager, but you still hear no sound. I wanted to mention it while I had the opportunity:

    Check the front panel Audio connections. Maybe disconnect and use just the rear ones.

    Be absolutely sure that the speakers or Headphones your trying, actually work on another PC.

    Do you do Disk Imaging for backup?

    If you do, then restore an image of a properly working configuration.

    If you don't, maybe get a hold of another HDD with a properly working configuration.

    Or maybe try this existing HDD on another identical build and see if its sound works with it.

    GL
    <<< LGA2011 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: CORSAIR AX Series AX860 860W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Haswell Ready Full Modular (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X99
    > Mainboard :Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming
    (NE Link)
    > Processor : i7-6850K (NE Link)
    > AIO: Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 (NE Link)
    > Physical Memory : G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 Model F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW (NE Link)
    > Video Card : 2x ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (NE Link)


    <<< LGA1366 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply:
    >>>Original PSU (2011-01) :
    Corsair 620HX (NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade PSU (2012-01) : CORSAIR AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X58
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (REV.2.0) (FB BIOS)
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Processor : i7-950 (Revision D0) 3.0GHz @3.84GHz
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > HSF:
    Noctua NH-D14 (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Physical Memory :
    >>>Original RAM (2011-01) : G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ
    >>>Upgrade RAM (2012-01) : Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) w/FrostByte Heatsink Model 998990 (NE Link MPP Link OverClockersClub Dot Com Article)
    > Video Card :
    >>>Original Vid Card (2011-01) : BFG Geforce GTX295 (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2012-01) : (2) EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GTX 560 Ti (2GB)-SLI (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2013-07) : (2) GTX 760-SLI Gigabyte GV-N760OC-4GB (NE Link)
    > DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B ATA Device
    > Monitor :
    ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26" (
    NE Link)
    > Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate
    > Case : COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel (
    NE Link)

    <<< LGA775 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: Corsair 620HX (
    NE Link)
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte P35-S3G (F2 BIOS)
    > Chipset : Intel P35
    > Processor : Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale (Revision C0) 3.0GHz @ 3950 MHz
    > HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    > Physical Memory : CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (
    Link)
    > Video Card : BFG Geforce GTX295
    > DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B ATA Device
    >
    Monitor : ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26"
    > Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P no sound

    Quote Originally Posted by Bee_Dee_3_Dee View Post
    Jamination, sorry if most of the following is obvious, no offense intended.

    In Vista it's called, "Sound, video and game controllers".

    1. If the Audio is disabled in BIOS, then your PC won't know you have an on-board sound card and it won't show up in Device Manger.

    The following stuff comes to mind if on-board audio is enabled in BIOS, and your Audio does show up in device Manager, but you still hear no sound. I wanted to mention it while I had the opportunity:

    Check the front panel Audio connections. Maybe disconnect and use just the rear ones.

    Be absolutely sure that the speakers or Headphones your trying, actually work on another PC.

    Do you do Disk Imaging for backup?

    If you do, then restore an image of a properly working configuration.

    If you don't, maybe get a hold of another HDD with a properly working configuration.

    Or maybe try this existing HDD on another identical build and see if its sound works with it.

    GL
    thanks for getting back to me, I have done this many times but I don't consider myself an expert so it is possible I am doing something wrong.
    To clarify, the audio is set to "auto" in the bios, and there is no heading of "Sound, Video and game controllers" in the device manager, I have other computers (already built and functioning correctly, exact same build), that do of course have that category in the device manager.
    So do you think, that with the information that bios audio is set to "auto" and the device is not showing in the device manager, that the audio on this board is faulty?

    thanks in advance.
    Phil

  4. #4

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P no sound

    Quote Originally Posted by jamination View Post
    thanks for getting back to me, I have done this many times but I don't consider myself an expert so it is possible I am doing something wrong.
    To clarify, the audio is set to "auto" in the bios, and there is no heading of "Sound, Video and game controllers" in the device manager, I have other computers (already built and functioning correctly, exact same build), that do of course have that category in the device manager.
    So do you think, that with the information that bios audio is set to "auto" and the device is not showing in the device manager, that the audio on this board is faulty?

    thanks in advance.
    Phil
    No, there's several things to do first. :)

    Go to "Programs and Features" in your Control Panel.

    Do you see, "RealTek High Definition Audio Driver" listed?
    <<< LGA2011 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: CORSAIR AX Series AX860 860W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Haswell Ready Full Modular (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X99
    > Mainboard :Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming
    (NE Link)
    > Processor : i7-6850K (NE Link)
    > AIO: Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 (NE Link)
    > Physical Memory : G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 Model F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW (NE Link)
    > Video Card : 2x ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (NE Link)


    <<< LGA1366 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply:
    >>>Original PSU (2011-01) :
    Corsair 620HX (NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade PSU (2012-01) : CORSAIR AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X58
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (REV.2.0) (FB BIOS)
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Processor : i7-950 (Revision D0) 3.0GHz @3.84GHz
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > HSF:
    Noctua NH-D14 (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Physical Memory :
    >>>Original RAM (2011-01) : G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ
    >>>Upgrade RAM (2012-01) : Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) w/FrostByte Heatsink Model 998990 (NE Link MPP Link OverClockersClub Dot Com Article)
    > Video Card :
    >>>Original Vid Card (2011-01) : BFG Geforce GTX295 (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2012-01) : (2) EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GTX 560 Ti (2GB)-SLI (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2013-07) : (2) GTX 760-SLI Gigabyte GV-N760OC-4GB (NE Link)
    > DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B ATA Device
    > Monitor :
    ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26" (
    NE Link)
    > Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate
    > Case : COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel (
    NE Link)

    <<< LGA775 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: Corsair 620HX (
    NE Link)
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte P35-S3G (F2 BIOS)
    > Chipset : Intel P35
    > Processor : Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale (Revision C0) 3.0GHz @ 3950 MHz
    > HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    > Physical Memory : CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (
    Link)
    > Video Card : BFG Geforce GTX295
    > DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B ATA Device
    >
    Monitor : ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26"
    > Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate


  5. #5
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P no sound

    Do you have the Intel INF Chipset drivers installed, not from the disk. Don't use disks ever, for anything they are always dated

    If so, or not I would try again using the latest from both sources direct. Here is Intel >>>
    Download Locations

    Here is RealTek >>>
    Realtek

    Or here if you cannot get the above site to work for you, it is funky sometimes >>
    ftp://WebUser:RealtekPWD%232379@218....Vista_R217.exe

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P no sound

    Quote Originally Posted by Bee_Dee_3_Dee View Post
    No, there's several things to do first. :)

    Go to "Programs and Features" in your Control Panel.

    Do you see, "RealTek High Definition Audio Driver" listed?
    It is showing up under the "Programs and Features", but not in the Device Manager. I did install the latest audio drivers, I should add that I added the chipset on the intel site, even though it says it is older than the one
    that came with the motherboard.

    phil

  7. #7

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P no sound

    Quote Originally Posted by jamination View Post
    It is showing up under the "Programs and Features", but not in the Device Manager. I did install the latest audio drivers, I should add that I added the chipset on the intel site, even though it says it is older than the one
    that came with the motherboard.

    phil
    Jamination,

    Sry it took long to get bak.

    Well, unless you know that all eight other builds, and this present build, have the exact same drivers installed in the exact same way, I would say that basing anything on the other builds is impossible. (There's still hope. )

    But the experience you got building the other eight is priceless!

    I searched for the word, "Audio" in the over 450 NewEgg reviews the other day for your MOBO. (Don't "Word-Searching" make life simple? :D) Note: I can't find a link right now because they are temporarily out of stock I betcha. (You can get to them quickly threw your electronic invoice probably.)

    But I do recall ppl in the reviews mentioning driver protocol(s). And only a couple ppl mentioned they thought that their onboard sound was dead. Important: If dozens and dozens of ppl mentioned they thought their Audio was dead too... well that's a whole nother story. ;) So, you might still be good.

    Checking the manual for the verbatim place and name of the onboard audio is still needed...

    just a sec...

    Here it is:

    ***Go to "Integrated Peripherals" in your BIOS, and look at the "Azalia Codec".***

    Does it have a setting in addition to the "Auto" (like you mentioned earlier) or "Disabled"?

    If it does mention a third option, try it.

    And try the following drivers (below) that Lsdmeasap suggested. I installed them after seeing his post and they work great! And they are also nice to try because the install will automatically uninstall all existing drivers, and restart (by default it'll ask you to), and then it will install the newest drivers. (YAY!!!- THUMBS UP RealTek!!!!) Therefore, for the sake of problem solving, you will be covering both "updating" and "uninstall/ reinstall" at the same time. w00t! :D

    GL
    Last edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee; 03-15-2009 at 01:00 PM.
    <<< LGA2011 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: CORSAIR AX Series AX860 860W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Haswell Ready Full Modular (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X99
    > Mainboard :Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming
    (NE Link)
    > Processor : i7-6850K (NE Link)
    > AIO: Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 (NE Link)
    > Physical Memory : G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 Model F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW (NE Link)
    > Video Card : 2x ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (NE Link)


    <<< LGA1366 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply:
    >>>Original PSU (2011-01) :
    Corsair 620HX (NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade PSU (2012-01) : CORSAIR AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X58
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (REV.2.0) (FB BIOS)
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Processor : i7-950 (Revision D0) 3.0GHz @3.84GHz
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > HSF:
    Noctua NH-D14 (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Physical Memory :
    >>>Original RAM (2011-01) : G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ
    >>>Upgrade RAM (2012-01) : Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) w/FrostByte Heatsink Model 998990 (NE Link MPP Link OverClockersClub Dot Com Article)
    > Video Card :
    >>>Original Vid Card (2011-01) : BFG Geforce GTX295 (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2012-01) : (2) EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GTX 560 Ti (2GB)-SLI (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2013-07) : (2) GTX 760-SLI Gigabyte GV-N760OC-4GB (NE Link)
    > DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B ATA Device
    > Monitor :
    ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26" (
    NE Link)
    > Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate
    > Case : COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel (
    NE Link)

    <<< LGA775 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: Corsair 620HX (
    NE Link)
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte P35-S3G (F2 BIOS)
    > Chipset : Intel P35
    > Processor : Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale (Revision C0) 3.0GHz @ 3950 MHz
    > HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    > Physical Memory : CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (
    Link)
    > Video Card : BFG Geforce GTX295
    > DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B ATA Device
    >
    Monitor : ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26"
    > Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •