Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: X58 UDP4 Problems....

Default X58 UDP4 Problems....

I just put this board in yesterday to mess around with. Does it have issues with OCZ Platinum DDR3-1600 ram? I was able to get the board to post, at all stock settings, after a triple restart. I had to flash to the F6 official JUST so I could save bios settings. On the shipping bios, if I hit F10 to save and exit, the system would lock up. After flashing to F6, it would save and exit. But, it would false restart about 15-20 times if I tried to run the ram at anything but SPD timings. SPD for the board said it was 1066 ram with timings as slow as a 90 year old cat. If I tried to set them to 7-7-7-24, as rated, it would perpetually restart until it would finally boot and give me an oc failure message and reset the timings and speed (to slow and 1066).

I tried the F7D beta with the same results. Any ideas? The hardware I was using came right out of my current BioStar TPower X58 build, which is solid as a rock. (EVGA GTX295, Corsair 1000 psu, Areca 1210 raid card w/ 2 WD 640's in raid 0, X-FI Titanium). I bought it as never used from a guy in the Hard Forums, but he now refuses to discuss a return, told me good luck and that I was on my own.

Any thoughts?

Shawn

Default Re: X58 UDP4 Problems....

Anyone?

Tried the F7e beta today with the same results. This is frustrating.

Hi

You loaded "optimized defaults" before, and after flashing right?

For 1600mhz with the same ram @ 7-7-7-24-2t (rating) I need 1.66v in BIOS (1.648v Windows).

It would laso help if you posted your Bios settings.

What BCLK are you running? What mem divider are you using? Is uncore frequency at least 2x Ram multi (if Ram 2:8, uncore needs to be at least 16)? Did you leave uncore on auto (It sets it too high in new BIOSes)?
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Yes, I loaded optimized defaults before and after. I did not try 1.66v in the bios, as that technically is high out of spec per Intel standards. I couldn't even get it stable at 1333 at 1.64, either, for that matter. I was running BCLK of 133 (stock for the 965). As far as the rest, I cannot remember, as the board is out and back in it's box waiting for either a refund or a newer beta that gets rid of the false starts. If I have time later this week I might reinstall it and give it a whirl again. There is no way it should be this difficult to run hardware at what it's rated to do. No way at all.

Like C3D76 said, it would help if you post your bios settings. Actually you are overclocking your RAM running it at anything over 1066, as far as the board/intel chipset is concerned. It is not relevant that your RAM is rated at 1600. The rules have changed with the i7 and IMC. Only reason I say this is like C3D76 said, all your other settings then come into play. I have same RAM, and you cant just OC RAM speed and change mem volts and expect to boot up stable (though granted would be nice if it did). Your problem may be partially from secondary timings which are immature bios issue, but they can be worked around, and sounds like you have not even tested enough to know that yet.

Try mem divider on 12x, uncore 24X, DRAM volts 1.64, qpi volts 1.33, 7,7,7 21 and performance change to standard to loosen secondary mem timings. If you have problems with that, it may be the bios is immature and they havent worked out secondary timings yet, though you can set them manually as well. Also you may have more luck increasing bclk and vcore if necessary and running with lower UC/mem divider combos, just keeping uncore at 2x mem though.
    3770K 4.7 - Windows 7 64 - GB UD5h - Dom 2133 - corsair 850 - Intel 520 SSD - 680 GTX - 26 inch Samsung LCD
    Lian Li G70 WC

Thread Information