Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: x48t-dq6+e8600 oc difficulties

Default x48t-dq6+e8600 oc difficulties

<HR style="COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1 itxtvisited="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    dear all, please excuse me if i make mistakes with this post but its my first time (virgin) my pc: x48t-dq6 rev 1.3, e8600(batchq823a612),ocz 2x2 pc10666 gold series and gskill 2x2 pc14400 4gbgt1 memory(separately) noctua nh-c12p, enermax infiniti720,velociraptor 150gb, gigabyte hd4870 .thermaltake armor case. <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_108_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">vista</NOBR> 64 bit. bios f6a also tried f4 and f5

my problem is that after spending many hours reading and trying to learn i still cannot get my pc to overclock using the bios by 1mhz. it will reach 390mhx using easytune 5 pro and setfsb but if i use the bios it reboots automatically 3 times . i have set pci to 100, disabled eist etc. increased ram voltage to 1.8v for ocz and 1.9v for gskill. have tried relaxing the ram timings but shouldnt (?) need to with such small increases. tried increasing cpu voltages . the board even reboots when setting everything back to stock . and after 3 attempts it boots normally into vista. i would be grateful for any help .
    thank you .
    <!-- / message -->

Default Re: x48t-dq6+e8600 oc difficulties

I've got hte same board but differner CPU & RAM.
    What is your MCH voltage?
    Yes I've got cold boot problem as well and only slight increase of MCH solved it.
    Maybe you'll need 1.25-1.35 for cold boot with 4x2GB DDR3 for your FSB.

thank you for your help . i,ll try that and let you know how i get on . my mch was stock.

i tried that COMERS . but no joy . tried increasing it a few times but results were the same each time . three reboots. i,ll keep searching and trying
    thank you for replying

Please post all your BIOS settings including auto values for your DDR3.
    Maybe something is off.

i have tried the f4(supplied) f5 and f6a bioses. and i have copied the settings advised by LSDMEASAP from his tutorial in this site."a guide to gigabyte overclocking and bios tweaks".also tried using only one 2bg stick of ram in different slots . i have been trying since early january so next step is i,m going to rebuild it from the ground up myself to make sure there are no mobo shorts etc. i have also noticed that i dont get any beeps on post. will let you know how i get on . thank you so much .

Well you've reached 390MHz oc so there are no mobo shorts.
    Remember what you do in EasyTune in Windows is good reference point but the changes should be done in BIOS to have your system stable. During POST your mobo may need more juice. Do the changes in small steps - write down your settings and change one at the time. Since you've got different RAM your task is more difficult. I wold definitely focus on the RAM timigs (both main and advanced) to solve it! For starters use the exact memory timings provided by the vendor for each pair and use CPU-Z to double check jedec profile. You may need to use each 4GB pair separately and then together to see how auto settings change in your BIOS. From my experience DDR3 is much more difficult than DDR2. Find the settings (could be very relaxed) that boot and then start to tighten them one at the time.

thank you again comers . so if i understand correctly . no point in rebuilding as i can get an increase using setfsb and easytune. i have never used the two different rams simultaneously . i felt it was asking for trouble. i will do as you advise and work on the ram timings . will double check all settings with manufacturers specs. i have seen in one forum that after flashing bios i should erase dmi settings so the pc resets them . i havent done that yet but will try as soon as i can . thank you again

Yes, no need for rebuild yet and yes, clearing DMI data is highly advisable.
    I'm afraid you'll loose performance since you have slower OCZ RAM 1333MHz 9-9-9-20 (1.7V) and much faster G.Skill 1800MHz 8-8-8-21 (1.9V).
    I would keep only G.Skill despite having only 4GB and try to oc at 8-8-8-21. However if that is not possible for the intended FSB and have to go for 9-9-9-20 (maybe at 1.7V) then I would try to match both G.Skill and OCZ. But in any case trust the timings given by CPU-Z having one pair in dual channel mode.

good morning comers . hope you had a good weekend . i found this morning that there was a new f6c bios for my board and i flashed that . i can get to 415mhz x 10 with it and just leaving memory settings on auto . when i try going higher vista wont load . so i guess now i have to start tweaking the memory .memset tells me it is running at 850mhz(x2) so it is still under its rating of 900 mhz. will let you know how i get on . thank you for your help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information