Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Problem

Default Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Problem

Hey guys, I just built a new system which consists of a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard, Intel e8400, 4 GB GSkill, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA, Corsair 850 watt PSU, and a Sapphire Radeon 4870. I'm using the onboard sound but everytime I start certain programs like Easy Tune 6 the sound stutters. I've tried Gigabytes website drivers, the drivers on the CD and the drivers from Realtek's site. I've also tried different audio players. No matter which I use I still get the stutter. I also flashed to the f9b BIOS last night, but it didn't help. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Brodie Sinn; 03-16-2009 at 02:11 AM.

Default Re: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Problem

I have a EP45-UD3R and i have the same issue. I've actually got it to the point where i have two sticks of ram in at once (it's a miracle), but i still get random stutters/lock ups that seem to last a few second. It's sort of a reminder how I regret getting this motherboard. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Sinn View Post
    Hey guys, I just built a new system which consists of a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard, Intel e8400, 4 GB GSkill, 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA, Corsair 850 watt PSU, and a Sapphire Radeon 4870. I'm using the onboard sound but everytime I start certain programs like Easy Tune 6 the sound stutters. I've tried Gigabytes website drivers, the drivers on the CD and the drivers from Realtek's site. I've also tried different audio players. No matter which I use I still get the stutter. I also flashed to the f9b BIOS last night, but it didn't help. Any ideas?
    I'd get cheap sound card and forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Eye View Post
    I have a EP45-UD3R and i have the same issue. I've actually got it to the point where i have two sticks of ram in at once (it's a miracle), but i still get random stutters/lock ups that seem to last a few second. It's sort of a reminder how I regret getting this motherboard. :(
    I have the same board as you and I have be honest I agree with you. I expect a few bugs and problems with any new board but these seem to take the cake. I use it as a backup now..guess you tried just using slots one and three for the ram?

Quote Originally Posted by man00 View Post
    I have the same board as you and I have be honest I agree with you. I expect a few bugs and problems with any new board but these seem to take the cake. I use it as a backup now..guess you tried just using slots one and three for the ram?
    Actually my first suspicion was the realtek card, so i ended up switching it out for an audigy and the issue still happens. I'm at the point where i think i may just go Office Space with this motherboard and buy something else.

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'm going to try and get rid of it then.

Google for DPC latency checker and run that. If you continously are over 500 and get spikes over 1000 very often then that's your problem.
    I think DES can cause the latency to increase, try uninstalling that. I never install that though and ahve no problems with any of my boards :)

I don't have DES installed Nickel. My absolute maximum DPC Latency was 84 with no real spiking at all.
    Last edited by Brodie Sinn; 03-16-2009 at 07:07 AM.

Talking Re: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Problem

I used to have this horrible stuttering problem when I first finished setting up my new build.. music I was listening to would skip and videos would freeze .. it happened every 15 mins or so .. it was very annoying .. so anyways after extensive googling I found the solution :D ... you wouldn't by any chance happen to be using your IDE connection.. would you?

Turns out that the raid driver (JMicron) on the disc was buggy and detected IDE as SCSI or something (my IDE drives were shown as SCSI for me) and to fix it was simple by doing this

1. Go to "device manager"
    2. Expand the "storage controllers" node
    3. Right click on "Gigabyte Controller" device and select "update driver software"
    4. Select "browse my computer for driver software"
    5. Select "let me pick from a list..."
    6. Select "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller"

After I did that all the stuttering disappeared.

Actually I am using my IDE, I will give that a shot. Thanks for the tip man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information