Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I sort of feel like giving up - EP45-UD3R

Default Re: I sort of feel like giving up - EP45-UD3R

You added voltage for the ram? try adding +0.20v on the vDimm voltage. and add +0.2v on the MCHv also, this will stabilise the system when you do get it to boot fine with your setup as stated in the first post.

Make sure to monitor temperatures with speedfan or everest or some other tool of your choice. Put a spare fan over the ram if you want to keep temperature problems out of the question.

Hope that helps.

You should also be aware that a number of people on the forums have had the issue with not being able to use all 4 slots on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by infiniti25 View Post
    You should also be aware that a number of people on the forums have had the issue with not being able to use all 4 slots on this board.
    Thanks for the tips, ill give it a shot. As far as the ram slots issue, has that ever been solved, or is it just something that i shouldn't ever hope to get working?

I feel your pain Burning Eye. I have had 3 of these boards, 2 of them rev 1.0 and 1 a rev 1.1.
    I can not get dual channel to work for me at all, so feel lucky you can even do that.
    Gaming rig:
    XP Sp3
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R bios F7a beta rev 1.0
    Q9550 GO OC'd 4ghz(471x8.5) with tuniq tower
    1 stick 2gigs G-Skill PI 8800s b/c this damn board won't run both sticks
    eVGA 8800Ultra Vanilla w/backplate--650core/1127mem/1654shader
    (1)500gig seagate 7200.10 main storage
    (2)320gig seagate 7200.10 sata extra storage
    lite on 20x dvd-burner sata
    corsair hx520 psu
    antec 900 case

:) this is the guy who has had no end of trouble with this model of board and it's not with just one set of ram, he has changed out almost every component and still had issues.

I doubt there is a resolution, I think you can put it down to either bad board design or many bad manufacturing batches. Who knows for sure?!

This is gonna sound pathetic, but i think i solved my problem. I guess i was experiencing Hard Drive thrashing, so after doing a little bit of reading, i've come to the understanding the that the purple ports on the mobo well... shouldn't really be used? So i put them in the yellow and the stuttering stopped.
    As a side note, i don't think i've ever dealt with a board that has so many little nuances.

I haven't used the purple ports for very long on any motherboard I had in the past.
    I used them on this board as a temporary measure to resolve an issue with swapping out intel drivers to enable AHCI after the operating system was already installed and they were useful for that alone, but I don't think they are useful for anything other than maybe e-sata where its not in use long term.

As for the boards, I still think there is some sort of design or production problem occuring here as lots of people are complaining.
    Most of the problems I had in the past with any motherboards have been attributable to me, except for one old board that had an IDE controller that caused crashing even in linux, but that wasn't a gigabyte (bit off topic, sorry).

Glad to hear it might be sorted, please don't forget to report back if you get no further issues within say 7 days, people like to know if the "maybe" solutions work or not before they try things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information