Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EP35C-DS3R is too HOT !!!!

Default Re: EP35C-DS3R is too HOT !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bilbat View Post
    LSD...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I came across this while searching for a guide that I've seen on the net in the past, and now simply cannot locate! There was a guide to probable actual temperature, based on how many 'half-seconds' you could keep an index, or pinky-finger on it (laughably, the scales are different), and I thought you might either have it, or know where I can locate it?

Thanks in advance,

Bill
    Hi Bill,

I think what you are looking for is ultimately worthless and totally inaccurate. Everyone interprets temperature differently and just a small patch of dry skin on a finger can have a great insulating effect.

I've got a temperature probe on my Northbridge off one of the Zalmans (MF2) four monitoring channels and it's placed on an outside fin and about half way down (towards the base) ie an area where you would put your finger and it measures around 50C (+/- 10%) when playing a game with a room temperature of around 22C

Also electronic "greenhouse" temperature gauges with a Hi - Lo facility which have an internal temperature probe aswell as an external probe on about 5' of cable are very cheap and useful for quick checks. I've used mine for measuring case temperature to PSU exhaust heat. Sitting the "probe" inbetween the Northbridge heatsink fins will give you a rough temperature guide. But you would need to add about 10-20C to get an idea as to what the Northbridge core is running at.

But seeing some of these cores are often rated to run at high temperatures such as 100C+ as long as the heatsink is doing it's job and it's hot too (indicating good Core to Heatsink Contact) and your case has reasonable airflow (moreso if you are overclocking) then that's the main things covered.

Edit:-
    Whats all this new anti-spam thing about when posting? Does it apply to every post you make, or every log in etc?
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 09-21-2009 at 07:28 AM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

The Anti-spam should only affect new members who have less that 10 posts, yes for Anti-Spam

Why do you ask, did you get nailed with it? If so, maybe because you have been inactive for some time? I can check on it if you need me to, let me know.

Nice to see you back, hope all is going well for you

@ Bilabat

Sorry not sure, but see above :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    The Anti-spam should only affect new members who have less that 10 posts, yes for Anti-Spam

Why do you ask, did you get nailed with it? If so, maybe because you have been inactive for some time? I can check on it if you need me to, let me know.

Nice to see you back, hope all is going well for you
    Thanks Ed and yes I haven't posted on here for awhile, so that's probably why the anti-spam thing jumped on me
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Did it get you that time as well?
    no, looks like it only did it the once.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information