Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: PC starting and stopping?

Default PC starting and stopping?

Okay, so this is the first PC i've put together (ever), and i've got everything inside, wires and all, everything connected (most likely at the right place) and i turn the PC on, and that's where i get stuck. 15-20 seconds after i turn it on it just randomly turns off. I get nothing on my moniter, no BIOS, nothing. And at this point I'm thinking maybe it's the power source but i'm not sure so maybe you guys can help (im putting this topic in this section because my motherboard is a gigabyte)
    Here's the link to my configuration

www.skub.org/skub.org/newegg.pdf
    Last edited by Tumor; 03-19-2009 at 04:36 AM. Reason: spelling mistake :P

Default Re: PC starting and stopping?

A good diagnostic tool would be a speaker connected on MB at this point. Check for beeps to get a (small) light about the problem.
    And you link is dead.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

kick is offline Senior Member

Link isnt working(for me).
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Quote Originally Posted by Tumor View Post

svc so i should just connect my speakers to the back and listen?
    No, no, not that one. A PC speaker I told you is the little one that beeps at power on POST, signaling errors like the one you got.
    There are two pin at the motherboard edge among with other pins to connect the power led, HD led, USB front extension and so on.
    Sorry can't tell you the precise location since I own a different MoBo so check your manual please.
    Just connect the little speaker to the correct pins and count which beeps and how many you got at failed boot.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Thread Information