Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Reboot Bug or ... ?! problem with UD4P

Default Reboot Bug or ... ?! problem with UD4P

Hello ,

i bought a UD4P and i7 920 yesterday and i update my bios to latest version , f6 ...

my problem is when i made every changes like changing voltage or ... in bios while system reboot to boot changed settings it shut down quickly and it doesn't turn on until turn off the power switch on power supply .

even while booting press alt + ctrl + del it shut down as i said before !!!

and when overclock as a mhz (!) it shut down as i said before :D but when unplug power and turn on it boot sometimes !

What's the problem ?! is there any body has this problems ?

Thanks

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Reboot Bug or ... ?! problem with UD4P

Sounds like you maybe are not setting things correctly. Please post your specs and I will advise a list of full settings for a small overclock for you to test with.

I would advise you update to the latest BIOS as well, I have the same board and never did like any of the "6" Series BIOS's. I never did use the Posted final F6, but several of the beta's between F5 and F7. I am using F7e now and it is good.

The latest Beta BIOS can be obtained here >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

Please read this for info on the safest way to flash >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

the problem solved my dear . the problem was the fu... gigabyte's odin power . now i use another power and it works correctly ...

Ohh ya? Well at least you have solved the issue, great to hear it.

Ya I have not seen many things about Gigabyte's PSU's. I think they are best at making boards, PSU's maybe not so much?

Angry Re: Reboot Bug or ... ?! problem with UD4P

This is ridiculous! They should at least assure that their boards run with their own brand PSU's! Can't believe it!

I'm waiting for the postman right now hoping that the Corsair HX1000 psu I ordered solves the unoverclockability issues I encountered with my brand new 200 Euros worth Silverstone 1000W PSU. I nearly ordered a Gigabyte PSU just to be sure it solves the Problem.... now I'm really happy it was unavailable.

All x58 boards seem to have similar problems being nasty divas regarding the psu but other manufacturers at least take care of the problems with a bios update ( reference X58 BloodRage PSU Compatibility list - XtremeSystems Forums ). Not so with Gigabyte. Instead the support answers that they don't know nothing about psu incompability issues. Even on this board where apparently gigabyte employers are around they don't care to comment on the psu problem. I'm really done with this brand!

If you ask me - this forum is for Gigabyte nothing more than a free test laboratory to check their beta bioses on the customer. Where is the support? I did not find it...

Sorry for going wild...
    Ruben

Well he did not mention the rest of his system or the size of that PSU, maybe it was smaller or older then it should be or he had a new larger GFX card? Or a problematic GA PSU to begin with, that is not enough info to make a sound decision based soley on his comments.

I have used several small PSU's in X58 without issues, 550-750W

Support is here, that would be me. The Gigabyte Reps here (Colin and Janus) do stop in from time to time if I need help with something or the see something that additional info other then what I provide can help

Thread Information