Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EX58-UD3R system fan control

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD3R system fan control

Glad to hear. Which version worked for you?

I used the beta one. I had it on my computer I just didn't know how to set it to software controlled.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Easytune will allow you to control each of those fans if you have smart mode enabled in the BIOS

finally i found some people who can speak the same language :):)

i am aiming to buy GA-EX58-UD5 which i assume it is very similar to UD3 (Fan wise)

please correct me if i am wrong

CPU_FAN (accessible by SpeedFan?)
    SYS_FAN1 (EasyTune Controled only? not accessible by SpeedFan?)
    SYS_FAN2 (PWM controled, accessible by SpeedFan?) but this one is 5V only, if i place a 12V fan would it still work?
    and if i connect a 3 pin fan, can i still control it from this header??
    SYS_FAN3 (EasyTune Controled only? not accessible by SpeedFan?)
    PWR_FAN (EasyTune Controled only? not accessible by SpeedFan?)
    NB_FAN (EasyTune Controled only? not accessible by SpeedFan?)

what is the means of controlling the fans from EasyTune? setting RPM only? i cannot set automatic control depending on temperature?

how is the rated amperage for each of the above headers? i cannot find it anywhere

thank you all

look at attachment
    Last edited by alnazli; 03-26-2009 at 05:15 AM.

anyone ??

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Sorry for the late reply here, I have been getting behind around here lately!!!

You can only control 2 fans on the UD5, with Speedfan or Easytune. They are shown below in this image >>

As for the SYS_FAN1, SYS_FAN3, and PWR_FAN they cannot be controlled and will run at the Fans rated Maximum. RPM outputs of these headers, as well as the Sys_Fan2 and CPU Fan of course, is available Via Software

NB_FAN Will run the fan connected to it at it's rated Maximum as well, no control or RPM readout is available to this header

Yes you can place a 12V fan on System Fan2 and it will be fine, and yes you can use and control a 3Pin fan. Here is some finding by one of our members about Sys_Fan2 >>
    SYS_FAN2 connector needs any fan, with three or four wires (don't care) since the speed is controlled via on-board PWM controller that supply pulse-width-modulated 12v for the fan via pin 2. So, if using a four wire fan, its internal PWM is locked to full speed (this explain that fixed 5v on pin 4).
    Yes, using The BIOS Smart Fan Control and or Easytune or both in combination you can set things on auto or based on temperatures for The CPU fan >>

CPU Smart FAN Control
    Enables or disables the CPU fan speed control function. Enabled allows the CPU fan to run at different speed according to the CPU temperature. You can adjust the fan speed with EasyTune based on system requirements. If disabled, CPU fan runs at full speed. (Default: Enabled)

CPU Smart FAN Mode
    Specifies how to control CPU fan speed. This item is configurable only if CPU Smart FAN
    Control is set to Enabled.

Auto Lets BIOS autodetect the type of CPU fan installed and sets the optimal CPU
    fan control mode. (Default)

Voltage Sets Voltage mode for a 3-pin CPU fan.

PWM Sets PWM mode for a 4-pin CPU fan.

Note: The Voltage mode can be set for a 3-pin CPU fan or a 4-pin CPU fan. However, for a 4-pin CPU fan that is not designed following Intel PWM fan specifications, selecting PWM mode may not effectively reduce the fan speed.
    Per the Manual, which it looks like you have >>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Manual Download

I am not 100% sure of the amperage of the onboard headers. I think it may be rated up to 1A, I have seen a few user setup two fans for .6A on one header and be fine. I have also seen it noted by forum members at several places that more then 1.0A should not be placed on a single header or it will burn out

excellent answer

thank you Lsdmeasap

BTW i am planning to put two Zalman fans rated 12V & 0.45A each on SYS_FAN2 header alone, i think it should be ok

i am trying to contact Gigabyte to get more info about amperage,
    Last edited by alnazli; 03-26-2009 at 06:53 PM.

Lsdmeasap, one last thing if i put these two 3 pin fans on Sys Fan 2. can i use SpeedFan to auto control them?

I read that on the EX58-UDP4 at least each fan header gets 3A.

Anyway, I can't get Easytune to really work on my MB. It seems to speed up to a ridiculous speed when the temp hits 70C but below that it is still running far too fast for my taste. I mean it is roaring. It always reports 1900 RPM no matter what I do. I installed the latest v10 beta bios.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information