Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: DVI won't connect in Vista

Default DVI won't connect in Vista

First of all, I have a Gigabyte X58 UD5 motherboard, Intel Core i7 920 and Nvidia GTX260 GC. 2x3 gig Corsair dominator ram, Vista 64-bit

In any case I have been having issues with my monitor (Benq 24" G2400WD) not receiving a signal once the Vista loading screen passes, using a DVI cable in normal mode. It loads in safe mode, and it also loads fine with a VGA to DVI cable, but it normal mode, BIOS loads fine, and I can see the Vista loading screen, however once it gets to the point where I the Vista icon usually appears the monitor loses the signal.

To cut a long story short, I have troubleshooted this with Nvidia technical support, and have tried using a number of their different drivers which they recommended. Their latest advice was to contact the motherboard manufacturer to reflash the BIOS.

Would this likely have any effect in regards to my issue??

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: DVI won't connect in Vista

It could, I would advise you try that and see. Sounds like you have tried everything I would have suggested, and Nvidia has helped you as well. So it would either be BIOS or the Board itself, or the monitor of course. Have you tested this monitor on another setup yet, I would do that as well before you decide to RMA anything so you know what you should be RMA'n

To flash your BIOS I would suggest you use Qflash, here is a Guide >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

And I would suggest using the latest Beta BIOS >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

What BIOS is in there anyway, if it is the original it shipped with that very well could be the issue.

OHH YEAH, also please go check in the BIOS in the Advanced BIOS page that you have Set "Init First Display" to PEG for the First PCI Slot

What PSU are you using, and it is good enough on the 12V rail for that GFX card? Just checking

I have used the monitor on a system with Windows XP, no issues. Yes I have the original BIOS. PSU as a Thermaltake Toughpower 850w Qfan. I'll try your advice changing the settings in BIOS before the reflashing BIOS which I've never done before, and on first glance through those threads looks a lot more complicated than I expected.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh ok well then the monitor is fine for sure.

Ya please see if that Init first display setting helps any, if not you may need to flash. It is easy, I just made that thread with so much info to try to cover all questions or thoughts users may have.

All you need to do is enable Legacy USB Storage Detect in the BIOS (Default is enabled already if you have not disabled it), then put your BIOS file on a USB Stick. You do have to extract the BIOS file from the exe you download, you only need the biosfilename.Fxx file on the USB

Leave the USB Stick plugged in and reboot to the BIOS, on the MAIN page of the BIOS hit F8 to enter Qflash. Then inside Qflash browse to your USB Stick (Will appear as HDD not USB FYI) and find the file and proceed with the flash. After you flash enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults and set your ram voltage only and then save and apply, then reboot.

Then test to see if things are any different

Thread Information