Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ga ep35 ds3p endless reboot

Default ga ep35 ds3p endless reboot *added info*

i was able to get my e5200 to 3.33ghz @1.3v but after i updated to the f5 bios i wasnt able to get 3.33 stable at 1.3 or higher so i try to flash back to the f2 bios after the flash i restarted the comp and since then it has been stuck in a endless reboot.

i forgot to add. on the website it list by processor as being supported with the f5 bios and up but the bios i have before was the f2 or f3 bios. and the cpu worked so am thinking what happen was that since the cpu isn't supported my the f2 bios thats what the problem might be. when i first install the cpu i had to Load Optimized Defaults because it didnt detect my CPU fsb and multiplier. Do u think that its to compatible with the bios and CPU could be causing the endless reboot.

Also my device except my CD ROM drive seem to function but that could just be from the psu powering it and nothing to do with the motherboard. i brought a p4 520 to see if it would work. if it doesn't work would gigabyte try to fix it if i rma it
    Last edited by james22; 03-22-2009 at 02:11 AM.

Default Re: ga ep35 ds3p endless reboot

see if you can clear cmos and revert to the backup bios. i believe that board should keep a backup copy in case the current copy fails or if you have a bad flash.

i tried clearing cmos even toke the battery out for a few hours still the same thing. the only thing i can see it been is a compatibility problem with the cpu and current bios. everything works in my old p6n sli fi board.

So many variables given same behavior, PSU, CPU, BIOS and probably memory. Try with single stick memory but test both, one at time. I think that will be the last resort before RMA.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

i have tried with 3 different sticks of ram 2 different psu 2 diff video card and with no vid card. i even tried disconnecting everything except ram psu and cpu. everything works in my other system.

if it's a new board, just RMA it. Don't bother fighting with it.

Thread Information