Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CoolIT Domino ALC any good?

Default Re: CoolIT Domino ALC any good?

Quote Originally Posted by lafleche View Post
    Thanks for the informative answers.
    I just read the test and although not the best cooler it's not a bad one either.

Let's go into my 'demands' slightly deeper. One of my main targets is a silent system...even the three case fans of my Antec and the stock cooler of the coreI7 are irritating me (and they aren't making that much noise so I am nitpicking).... My work needs high levels of concentration ... unless I am gaming of course ...then my 4870x2 on it's own is like a hoovercraft

After reading the reviews (a lot of them) I noticed one thing... The Domino is very very silent and even gives room for mildly overclocking (my target is 3.4/3.6 Ghz max).
    Are other watercooled solutions also almost unhearable?
    Watercooling is acutally harder to get silent than air since you don't only have fans but also a pump, which people tend to forget.
    I know what I'm taling about because I'm a die-hard silencer, my current setup has my radiator passive in idle, with only one fan running (in the PSU) an SSD and nor normal HD and one of the quietest (if not the quietest pump) around.

If you're happy with 3.4GHz, I would go for a top air cooler, the Prolimatech Megahalem seems to be top air cooler atm, with the Scythe Mugen 2 in second place. Older air coolers like the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme and the Noctua U12P are still great though, the newer ones are maybe 2-3C max better.

Im not sure if yoy are still looking to get this but i know that you are looking to quiet your system and this will do it for sure.With this and a small 40mm fan i was able to drop all but graphic card fans in my case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CoolerMaster 932haf
    ASUS P6T DELUVE V2
    Inte I7 920-4.0/4.2
    CoolIt DOMINO A.L.C
    CoolIt DualBay Gpu Cooler
    ASUS 4870-815/1050(crossfire)
    OCZ Platinum6GB DDR3-1600
    WesternDigtal VelociRaptor 300gb
    Corsair THX 750watt
    Vista Premium64sp2
    3DMARK06:28,515
    3DMARK VANTAGE 20,006

kick is offline Senior Member

nice piccy..is that as high as the cpu will go stable tho or is that a 24/7 thing?
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Right now thats 24/7 stable im working on getting 3.9 i am able to get 1.384 with CPU BIOS voltage at 1.375 and get in to windows but fails Prime after 5 mins or so.Has more to do with FSB and MCH needing to be tweeked a little more.Its also getting to the limit 4 me with the CPU voltages 1.4 is the Max for me if i cant get it stable before that ill stop at what ever i can get to at 1.4 Bios set.The board has a V-drop of.010 or so.i should be able to get 3.85-3.9,I think 4.0 is going to be out of reach on this chip.Im still very happy with what i have and the X48-DS4 board has been great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CoolerMaster 932haf
    ASUS P6T DELUVE V2
    Inte I7 920-4.0/4.2
    CoolIt DOMINO A.L.C
    CoolIt DualBay Gpu Cooler
    ASUS 4870-815/1050(crossfire)
    OCZ Platinum6GB DDR3-1600
    WesternDigtal VelociRaptor 300gb
    Corsair THX 750watt
    Vista Premium64sp2
    3DMARK06:28,515
    3DMARK VANTAGE 20,006

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lafleche View Post
    Are other watercooled solutions also almost unhearable?
    Yeap, you just have to buy the quiet fans, which of course may reduce your overclock abilities to a extent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information