Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Ud3r p45 help

Default Ud3r p45 help

I just recently bought a UD3R P45 board, so far ive had nothing but issues. After a days worth of troubleshooting im very frustrated, flashed to F7 bios but still wont co-operate. Board wont recognise my sata DVD drives when plugged into the yellow ports. M system posts and recognises my 2 sata hard drives then hangs. After a long wait it finally reports finding nothing else despite my 2 dvd drives also being connected (in bios it also doesnt recognise them either). I finally tried the dvd drives in the purple connectors and it boots perfectly, very quickly too. What am I doing wrong? Shouldnt I be able to fill the yellow ports with sata devices without issues? Im worried my board may have defectivce ports. I have been troubleshooting this all day, taking parts out and changing any bios settings native sata etc. I only just figured out the purple ports work so ill see if I can get everything working. Would really like some help with this, as I need to take this board back in the next few days if its a hardware problem.

kick is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Ud3r p45 help

Id say post the actual bios settings there are templates around.
    How many drives in total?
    What you could do perhaps is just go into bios load the optimised defaults,even with no hdds in.
    Save defaults then shut down pc,connect up one hdd(with os on it) to the yellow sata,the first one if it isnt blocked off
    then fire it up n see what happens.then connect up the next n so on.
    That should be fairly close to "as new" and it should recognise it.
    Do these dvd drives have master/slave jumpers?
    What does it recognise the 2 hdds connected to the yellow sata ports as? in bios.
    Does one hdd and one dvd work,etc.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Default Re: Ud3r p45 help

This is a nightmare, I now have Qflashed back a revision to F6 bios. Currently have 2 of the sata dvd drives and a single hard drive with vista x64 working with the yellow sata ports, I will see if I can move them to different ports and have it still work (no luck didnt recognise any devices on the post screen or in bios, except the samsung dvd GREAT
    ). Every time I change anything around on those sata ports I get a different problem! I have loaded fail safe defaults and tried native sata mode 0-3. The more sata drives I have the less chance of anything being recognised, and there doesnt seem to be any method to the madness. Sometimes it will boot up and recognise some of the devices connected. At worse with everything connected it hangs cant find any devices!. Only bios setting I could think that could help was native sata, which didnt help. I will post the bios settings once I find the template, but as is everything is set to fail safe defaults. I know all my hardware works as I also have a MSI P45 NEO3FR board that works flawlessly with this hardware. Im thinking my gigabyte UD3R is faulty, or theres some really wacked default bios settings im overlooking.

Thread Information