Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Ga-ex58-ud4p boot problem!!!

Default Ga-ex58-ud4p boot problem!!!

Hi all! I have just got my new mobo, the ga-ex58-ud4p . I place it all together, the cpu, graphics card, and ram. But when i then try to start it, theres no screen on my monitor, and i can just hear my graphics card running at 100% speed. What is causing this? I have tried to use 1, 2 and 3 ram kits each time but it still wont work!!!! This is freakin annoying, please answer VERY quick!

Heres the specs

ASUS GTX280
    Corsair Dominator 6GB kit 1600mhz Triple channel
    Core i7 920 2.66ghz
    Cooler Master Real Power M620
    Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB

Ill upload some pictures later!

Default Re: Ga-ex58-ud4p boot problem!!!

Heres some pictures i took with my phone

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

You have the memory in the wrong slots. If you are using only 3 modules they must go into slots 1, 3, and 5 (White Slots)

If you still have issues after you switch them to the white slots let us know and we can advise some further things to do

Bump - I am having the same issue... My RAM is in the correct spot and I have shuffled the 3 pieces in one by one to see if the system will boot with no success.

As in the pictures shown when I press the power button the phase leds and nb phase leds light up, but then shut off a few seconds later. My case doesn't have the basic speaker to hear if the system is beeping and so I'm left staring at a dark monitor...

Any additional insights?

I'm running with OCZ PC3 12800 2 gig sticks of DDR3, 2 way sli GTX 260 graphics cards, and an I7 processor.

Have you checked all the proper connections? Mare sure the 24pin, the P8 and PCI-E power connectors are secure, and if the PSU is modular, thet they're plugged into the aproppriate 12v rail(s).

If they are, have you tried clearing the CMOS?

Have you then removed each installed component one by one and replaced it to make sure they were well seated? This includes RAM, GFX card and processor.
    Last edited by Psycho101; 05-15-2009 at 10:35 PM.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Had same issue with mine. All lights come on and then shuts off for 2-3 seconds then tries again. Tried all usual suspects (swap memory slots, type, number, unplugged devices one-by-on, etc...).

Long story short, the board will not power on when the CPU power supply (4x12v + 4xGround) cable is plugged in. Remove that cable and the board will power-up with all fans and stays on. Suspect either the CPU socket has bad pins or other components around it are shorted so RMA'ing it. This is my first RMA board in 4 years so guess I am lucky. Based on the "weird" BIOS issues with this board, I may opt out of Gigabyte for this build. I built my last core-I7 system in February with the DFI board and had no issues so will try that route if I can.

Thread Information