Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: What are the GA-EX38-DS4 Vfsb and Vmch motherboard default voltage levels?

Default What are the GA-EX38-DS4 Vfsb and Vmch motherboard default voltage levels?

Hi,

I've built a system around the GA-EX38-DS4 motherboard and the Intel E8400 CPU. I'm currently trying to overclock my system.

Can anyone tell me what the default Vfsb (vtt I think) and Vmch (northbridge voltage) are for the GA-EX38-DS4 motherboard (i.e. the actual voltage levels when these voltages are set to "default" in the Bios)?

I haven't been able to find these values anywhere online and I really need to know them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks very much for the help.

Thanks,
    Dave

System: Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4, Intel E8400, 4x1GB Crucial DDR2-1066, Sapphire HD3470, Thermaltake W0144RU 600W. XION XON-101 case, Seagate 250 GB HD SATA2 7200 rpm ST3250410AS, Pioneer IDE DVD burner DVR-115DBK, Lite-On SATA Lightscribe DVD Burner LH-20A1L, floppy drive.

Default Re: What are the GA-EX38-DS4 Vfsb and Vmch motherboard default voltage levels?

Hi,

I posted this question yesterday but I haven't received any replies. Do you guys from Gigabyte tech support know what the values for these default voltages are? The default Vmch and Vfsb voltage levels are not on the gigabyte website, not in my motherboard manual, and I haven't been able to find them in any forum online anywhere.

It's been recommended to me not to set Vmch in excess of 1.6 V, but I need to know the Vmch default voltage in order to determine the proper voltage increment to reach 1.6V.

I've done a lot of poking around on the net and it seems that the Gigabyte motherboards do not support Vmch or Vfsb monitoring so there's no way to monitor these values in software to determine what they are.

Has anybody else ever overclocked this board? Were you able to determine the default values for these voltages? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: What are the GA-EX38-DS4 Vfsb and Vmch motherboard default voltage levels?

That would be in the Intel specs for your board/chipset. Sorry for the late reply

Here is that info >>

MCH Default is 1.25V

Vtt/FSB default is 1.20V

And here is the Maximums

http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/datasheet/317610.pdf

I would advise you not to use, nor should you need, more then +0.35V MCH and +0.2VFSB. More then .35 MCH would only be needed at 540+ FSB (Or using 8+GB of ram), and the same would apply with FSB Voltage you should not need more then +0.1-0.2 for under 533 FSB.

Hi,

Thanks very much for the info. I didn't think to check the Intel specs. Thanks for the info on how high to set these voltage increments. I'll go back and retry those (maximum) voltage increments and see if I can get stability. I'll post the results here.

Thanks again very much for the info. After additional googling (prior to reading your post) I found some forum postings that appeared to indicate that the default Vmch and Vfsb for the board were both 1.1 v so I really appreciate you providing the correct values.

Thanks again,
    Dave

Hi,

Quick update here. 515x7 seems stable with Vfsb +0.20v and Vmch +0.35v. 529x7 is not stable (XP partially boots and then stops booting). Thanks for the help.

Dave

<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Thread Information