Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EIST on x58 UD5 prob

Default EIST on x58 UD5 prob

EIST doesn't work on my UD5 above 139 Bclk. The multi drops like it should, but Vcore does not change dynamically as designed into the core i7 chips. My CPU does EIST correctly up to any Bclk in other mobos, so I know there is no problem with my CPU. Anyone know how to make EIST work? I've tried every bios through F6E, and Giga tech support said they won't even look into this matter.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EIST on x58 UD5 prob

EIST will only work if you leave the voltages in Auto (Not advised for overclocking) so you are really getting the same answer all around. C1E and EIST are not designed to run with a overclock so you need to choose to either disable them or not to overclock really.

Default Re: EIST on x58 UD5 prob

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    EIST will only work if you leave the voltages in Auto (Not advised for overclocking) so you are really getting the same answer all around.
    C1E and EIST are not designed to run with a overclock so you need to choose to either disable them or not to overclock really.
    This is not true. The UD5 fails to do EIST dynamic Vcore even when the voltages are in 'auto' if Bclk is greater than 139. I've tested this on three different UD5's these results are 100% repeatable...139 always passes, 140 always fails. The CPU I used for these tests does full EIST (multiplier and Vcore) up to it's AC limits, 222x21 , in all other motherboards (DFI, Biostar, MSI) I've tested, so one does not have to choose between the two bads of underclocking the CPU, or, doing without EIST.
    The fact that on the UD5, EIST dynamically varies the multiplier at ALL Bclk values proves that the Vcore failure is a pure design flaw. The UD5 should support all features and fuctionality up to the limits of the CPUs it is designed for.

Thread Information