Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA ep45 ud3p

Default GA ep45 ud3p

Ok so heres the deal. I was having issues installing a game and thought it would be a good idea to update the bios (bad idea i know). I used @bios to update. Rebooted tried to reinstall the game and was still having issues (freezing at install). So i had to keep rebooting. Well eventually it got to the point to where it would not boot. Only show the Gigabyte splash screen. I thought it may of been my HDD so after resetting the bios multiple times I eventually got it to boot onto the vista cd to reformate and reinstall. So I finally got Vista reinstalled, got my desktop up and thought all was good. I then installed my network and video drivers. Rebooted and had the same problem again. It will either get stuck on the splash screen or go past the splash screen and the screen will turn black. I thought maybe reverting back to the old bios might work but idk. BTW I did go into the bios and select optimum settings or something like that. It works every now and then.

WHat can I do to fix my boot problems?

Default Re: GA ep45 ud3p

Well, for the start go here and download F8 version of bios.
    Put it on the flash usb, restart, enter bios and in Advanced Settings check if the usb support is enabled.
    Save to cmos and exit.
    At the splash screen enter QFlash, it will recognize usb and the bios on it.
    Go ahead and update the bios.
    If that doesn't help... dunno... I'd return the board.

btw, flashing bios from windows is very,very bad idea.
    Also format usb flash before you put bios on it.

Good luck mate. :)

Ok. I have a USB flash drive, do I just open the rar file and put all the files on the flash drive?

E7400, Gigabyte P45-UD3P, 2gb Patriot PC28500,
    WD 320 gig HD, Sapphire 4670 DDR4, Corsair VX550
    Xigmatek HDT1283, Antec 300, Xp Pro 32bit

Thank you, I currently read through the post. I just wanted to be 100% clear that the only thing going on the usb flash drive is the EP45UD3P.F8 file. Nothing else.

I made a bootable USB flash drive got the this part

Run flash utility by typing "flash895 p35ds4.fxx" without the quotes at the DOS prompt

It said flash bios update complete. But how to I get out.

It just says C:\>

shutdown is a bad command or file name when I tried it. HELP PLEASE

Your at the DOS-prompt ;-)
    Just either shutdown your system with the power button or press the CTRL-ALT-DEL keys simultaniously to reboot.
    Then enter your BIOS by pressing the DEL-key and load optimised defaults, save settings and reboot again.
    Then you can change the BIOS settings again to what they were before the flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Your at the DOS-prompt ;-)
    Just either shutdown your system with the power button or press the CTRL-ALT-DEL keys simultaniously to reboot.
    Then enter your BIOS by pressing the DEL-key and load optimised defaults, save settings and reboot again.
    Then you can change the BIOS settings again to what they were before the flash.
    I did all that. The flash kinda helped. After the flash it booted normal. I started to reinstall my network drivers and video drivers. Rebooted when they were done. Reinstalled a game and a few programs (winamp, divx, teamspeak). Rebooted again it froze at the splash screen again.... :(

I think I should just revert back to the default bios. Anyone have any ideas?

Thread Information