Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E5200 on GA-EP35-DS3; doesn't start sometimes

Default E5200 on GA-EP35-DS3; doesn't start sometimes

Hi everyone,

I have a strange problem, the above combination sometimes doesn't start, I have to try it two or more times to power it on. When it already runs, everything is ok. In case it doesn't start, it turns on the PSU, but 1 or 2 seconds later switches it off.

I have already tried other PSU, other RAMs, t didn't help. When I put in other CPU, E8400 from my primary computer, it starts flawlessly. Also this E5200 runs fine in other motherboard (GA-EP45-UD3R). According Gigabyte web, E5200 should be compatible with GA-EP35-DS3 (rev. 2.1) since bios version F3, I tried also the newest F4a, it didn't help.

Anyone any clues about how to solve this?

Default Re: E5200 on GA-EP35-DS3; doesn't start sometimes

Can you post your BIOS settings and the exact system specs, it's kinda hard to tell what could cause this just knowing the CPU and the board...

Thumbs down Re: E5200 on GA-EP35-DS3; doesn't start sometimes

Just now I have this motherboard on my table with only cpu, ram and psu connected:
    MB: GA-EP35-DS3
    CPU: E5200
    RAM: 2x1GB A-DATA Vitesta Extreme Edition DDR2 1066+
    PSU: Seasonic S12II 380W.
    As I already mentioned, other RAM (2x1GB Patriot) didn't help. Other psu also didn't help. With E8400 cpu it started flawlessly. But this E5200 ran perfectly in other MB. So now I'm not sure which component should I claim.

Angry Re: E5200 on GA-EP35-DS3; doesn't start sometimes

I also tried MemTest86+: Without errors for 8 runs. I tried Prime95: Without errors for several hours.
    I tried to overvoltage cpu, northbridge, ram... nothing helped.
    There is ArcticCooling Alpine 7 PRO installed. I bought additional Thermalright 775 BoltThru Kit - backplate to minimize motherboard deformation. No success.

So, I took motherboard and cpu and went to the store to claim it. They have up to 30 days to handle a complaint... I wonder how they solve it.

Thumbs down Re: E5200 on GA-EP35-DS3; doesn't start sometimes

Today I took out MB and CPU from shop. The fault was confirmed and MB was changed, I got new one. I came home and assembled only MB, CPU, RAM and PSU together. Then I tried to power it on. No problem. I tried it about 7 times. No problem at all. I was happy. Then I inserted also graphic card. Then it doesn't start. Same problem as before. I removed the graphic card, but the problem remained... I'm confused. Could the CPU make this problem? Or graphic card (Leadtek PX9500 GT, 512MB DDR3)? Could graphic card somehow damage the motherboard?

Maby it's your power supply?

Do you mean my PSU is faulty or not strong enough? I tried 2 other PSUs, one 300W and the second 430W Seasonic... No change.

Quote Originally Posted by petas View Post
    Do you mean my PSU is faulty or not strong enough? I tried 2 other PSUs, one 300W and the second 430W Seasonic... No change.
    I suggested the power supply because it could be that your motherboard got damaged because of peak changes in voltages, but since you tried it with other PSU's i don't know why your mobo is acting weird. Maby the GPU/CPU/MEM is just not a good combo

Could some BIOS options cause this problem? I have just read this thread (http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...t-power-31506/) with the same problem on different MB and it was solved by adjusting BIOS settings...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information