Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EX58-UD5 - OC Frustration

Default Re: EX58-UD5 - OC Frustration

You're being a huge help, let me make sure that I had turbo on. I have turbo on in my settings too if it matters... Here is my cpu-z vali:

And also not sure if it matters but one small detail, I have the ddr3 1600mhz kit from ocz, not the 1866 kit. Here's a link to it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227381
    Last edited by wylker; 03-31-2009 at 11:07 AM.

Also I noticed that that theres a small loop when I boot from the LCD

C1 -> 62 -> 68 -> 69 -> 6F -> C1

This appears to be the memory init loop the mobo takes and 62 is not on my chart of codes. It will cycle through that repeatedly and then hang on the 6F.

Isn't it odd that my system works fine and is stable with the 180 blck but as soon as i kick it up to 190 it wont even post? =/

I double checked and I had your settings in exactly your settings and had the 6F no-post thing again.

You confused me with something though:

DRAM speed must be 1:2 ratio or less to Uncore speed
    Uncore speed must 8:9 to QPI speed (that means .888333 and not .888889).
    I understand the DRAM 1:2 Uncore, but the 8:9? They're based off multis right? So if your uncore is x18 and your QPI is x36 isn't your speed ratio there 1:2? Sorry if I'm being thick...

FYI I tuned my voltages way down from my original stable, running at 1.3 vcore, 1.4 vtt, and 1.64 dram now with all others on auto.

Hrm do you think crossflashing to the extreme F6i bios may help?

Hey wylker,

I saw your other email concerning the QPI issue - I think you now understand it better than 95% of the others out there and you are "right on" with your observations and why all the confusion

I saw that you got it stable at lower settings - were you able to use my settings for a 4.1 overclock? I noticed from your CPU-Z email that you had multi-threading on. My settings are not OCCT and Prime95 (large FFTs) stable with multi-threading on (it will run stable with small FFTs).

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joe123987 View Post
    Hey wylker,

I saw your other email concerning the QPI issue - I think you now understand it better than 95% of the others out there and you are "right on" with your observations and why all the confusion

I saw that you got it stable at lower settings - were you able to use my settings for a 4.1 overclock? I noticed from your CPU-Z email that you had multi-threading on. My settings are not OCCT and Prime95 (large FFTs) stable with multi-threading on (it will run stable with small FFTs).

Joe
    Hey Joe :)

No I could not get your settings to function for me at all, even without turbo or HT. My setup seems to work with turbo and HT so I have them on for my cpu-z vali.

My goal is still a stable 4ghz tho, so I'm hoping I can figure out why I seem to have hit a wall.

As far as the QPI thing, I have posted that about that issue here and on overclock.net and no one has responded to either thread lol

wylker,

Just so you know - Turbo has to be on and HT has to be off in order for those settings to work. My DRAM settings apply to my 1866 memory - yours may be different. Also, try all my settings except change the memory multiplier to x6 and DRAM in auto mode. This should guarantee a stable 4.095 boot.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joe123987 View Post
    wylker,

Just so you know - Turbo has to be on and HT has to be off in order for those settings to work. My DRAM settings apply to my 1866 memory - yours may be different. Also, try all my settings except change the memory multiplier to x6 and DRAM in auto mode. This should guarantee a stable 4.095 boot.

Joe
    I'll try again when I get home, but I think I basically did that with no success =/

Ok I tried your settings again making sure that HT was off and turbo on, got no post. Tried it with cross flashing the extreme f6i bios as well with no luck.

I'll just be stuck at 3.6 I guess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information