Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Issues with E8500 and Ep45 ud3p Ocing

Default Re: Issues with E8500 and Ep45 ud3p Ocing

Yes, Intel Burn Test does take a while on 8GB, it's the same here. That's looking good, congrats!
    Pro hardware technician for PC, Laptop and Sound equipment.

I'm still testing this out, BUT I discovered that setting the PLL and VTT to auto or manually setting it to the stock voltage messes with stability, BUT if you set the value to NORMAL and then tweak the CPU REf to .800, it is stable at the stock PLL & VTT voltages. I don't get it, but I was able to drastically bring down my VTT and PLL by setting the values to normal.

Apparently on AUTO it undervolts the VTT and PLL.

Right now it seems relatively stable (where before it would bsod in 10 min at manual stock or auto), still prime testing it though, i'll get back to you guys.
    HP LP2465w 24"; Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (F9b)
    Q9550 ?, 8 Gb G.Skill
    1.5 * 2 Seagate 7200.11 in Raid 1
    HIS ATI Radeon 4870
    Creative X-fi Fatal1ty Champion
    PCP&C Silencer 750
    Coolermaster Wavemaster Case

Quote Originally Posted by wfarid View Post
    I'm still testing this out, BUT I discovered that setting the PLL and VTT to auto or manually setting it to the stock voltage messes with stability, BUT if you set the value to NORMAL and then tweak the CPU REf to .800, it is stable at the stock PLL & VTT voltages. I don't get it, but I was able to drastically bring down my VTT and PLL by setting the values to normal.
    You just said it yourself. CPU Reference raises both VTT and PLL.

hmm, so if my ref is at .8 whats my Term and PLL going to be. In easy tune they are just reading as 1.5 and 1.2 respectively.
    Q9550 ?, 8 Gb G.Skill
    HIS ATI Radeon 4870
    PCP&C Silencer 750

I'm not very sure. But this thread might be helpful.

Awesome thread, THANK YOU!

Setting it to NORMAL didn't work, Prime failed within 2 hrs.

So I tried do what that article said, and set everything manually to my old voltages 1.4vcore, 1.44 vtt, 1.61pll, .760 ref, 1.3 mch core, .74 mch ref, etc. But I couldnt get those values when manually doing it, so I had to approximate and when I did; it wouldn't post.

So I set the CPU Ref, MCH ref, MCH DRAM REF all to auto. And when I opened Easytune it read as .760, .740, .90 respectively. This was my original stable config.

If my CPU ref and MCH ref are still operating under the 63% via the auto they are technically running at .9072 volts, but how come this isn't being reported in Easytune?

Unfortunately I don't have a Multimeter, and I just cable managed my small ass case and dont want to take my motherboard out and test the back readouts.

I'm just wondering what other people's experiences are when manually setting the VTT and PLL and then leaving the ref's on AUTO-- Easytune vs the Digital Multimeter read outs.
    Q9550 ?, 8 Gb G.Skill
    HIS ATI Radeon 4870
    PCP&C Silencer 750

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Easytune only shows what you set in the BIOS, that is why I wrote that article to explain why you see what you do in Easytune

I am going to be re-writing it soon though to make things a little bit clearer.

When you are setting all those Ref values you need to have Vtt at 1.2, then raise it back up after you set your Ref values.

PLL is not affected by Vtt. Here is what changes what >>>

CPU Termination (Vtt) Automatically changes the following if manually set >>>

CPU Reference Voltage (.63% of Default Vtt/1.20) .76 ET
    CPU Reference2 Voltage (.67% of Default Vtt/1.20) .80 ET
    MCH Reference Voltage (.63% of Default Vtt/1.20) .76 ET

DRAM Voltage Automatically changes the following if manually set >>>

MCH/DRAM Reference Voltage (.50% of Default Dram Voltage)
    DRAM Termination Voltage (.50% of Default Dram Voltage)
    Channel A Reference Voltage (.50% of Default Dram Voltage)
    Channel B Reference Voltage (.50% of Default Dram Voltage)

So to change the percentage value to lets say 58%, I have have to set the VTT to 1.2 set the CPU ref to .696 (1.2 * .58 = .696), exit and save the bios. Go into windows, THEN restart go back to the bios tweak my VTT to the desired voltage. Correct?

And ON AUTO and manual (without adjustment) the CPU REF/MCH Ref is simply running at the stock 63% right?

Sorry for being so thick, I just want to make sure I'm understanding this properly.

And thanks Lsd for the reply and the CPU/MCH gfl ref guide!
    Last edited by wfarid; 04-06-2009 at 04:29 AM.
    Q9550 ?, 8 Gb G.Skill
    HIS ATI Radeon 4870
    PCP&C Silencer 750

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, and no.

To change any given Ref voltage set Vtt to 1.20. Then go change/set your Ref voltage you have in mind to the value you wish to try out. Then go raise Vtt back up to what you want to try using.

The Ref voltages will automatically adjust instantly as you raise your Vtt back up to your desired setting

Yes if you leave those two in Auto they will always be 63%. That only applies if you are using Stock Vtt though, if you are not you must set them before you adjust Vtt if you plan to manually set them, even if that plan is stock value

No need to apologize, it is pretty technical for sure!

I am glad the guide has helped you a bit, I am going to re-write it soon because a few members have pointed out somethings to me that look confusing to them. And as it is written now some of the wording is making an already confusing topic a bit more confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes if you leave those two in Auto they will always be 63%. That only applies if you are using Stock Vtt though, if you are not you must set them before you adjust Vtt if you plan to manually set them, even if that plan is stock value
    I understood everything except this bit. If I don't 'SET' the REFs and leave them at Auto what happens? For example I just left my ref's on AUTO and then I upped my VTT to 1.42.

(thanks for bearing with me LSD, and I'm glad you are putting this guide together. I feel like no one has really made sense of P45 OC'ing yet. People are just messing with stuff and seeing what works. Personally I found a stable OC, and now I'm just trying to find the absolute lowest volts I can get, changing the percentages will DEF help in that)
    Last edited by wfarid; 04-06-2009 at 05:03 AM.
    Q9550 ?, 8 Gb G.Skill
    HIS ATI Radeon 4870
    PCP&C Silencer 750

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information