Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-M61PM-S2 REV.1-Memory module question

Question GA-M61PM-S2 REV.1-Memory module question

<!-- icon and title --> <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Join Date: Mar 2009

<!-- icon and title --> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Hi
    1.In the Gygabyte site ,memory specifications, there is no mentioning of what memory module timming (CL) is supported. Any help on this one please?

2.If the specified supported voltage for the memory module is:1.8v and I have a 2.1V module will that still work? Can that make a difference?

3. Please note: It is not possible to configure anything in the memory section in this board, (BIOS version installed:F3).
    Should I assume that the board automatically adjusts to the module?
    If yes, what are the parameter baunderies ?

Here is where I got the info for GA-M61PM-S2 REV.1 BOARD from:

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification - GA-M61PM-S2 (rev. 1.0)

Thanks
    <!-- / message --> <!-- edit note -->

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-M61PM-S2 REV.1-Memory module question

1.8V is just the "Standard" for DDR2, most any 2.1 ram will work just fine. What ram do you have?

CAS timings would not matter

Auto may or may not set things correctly for your memory, you would have to install them and see. But I do suggest you set things yourself anyway.

Here is what you would allowed to be able to set in the BIOS for your memory (F3 is the BIOS version I looked in since you are using it now) Not Much at all it seems

F3

I also looked in the Latest BIOS F9c and the same options only except the addition of DCT's mode for Ganged/Unganged Dual/single channel >>>

F9c

I do suggest you update your BIOS as F3 is pretty old. Here is your BIOS page >>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-M61PM-S2 (rev. 1.0)

And please read this before you flash if you decide to do so >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    1.8V is just the "Standard" for DDR2, most any 2.1 ram will work just fine. What ram do you have?

Auto may or may not set things correctly for your memory, you would have to install them and see. But I do suggest you set things yourself anyway.

Here is what you would allowed to be able to set in the BIOS for your memory (F3 is the BIOS version I looked in since you are using it now) Not Much at all it seems

F3

I also looked in the Latest BIOS F9c and the same options only except the addition of DCT's mode for Ganged/Unganged Dual/single channel >>>

F9c

I do suggest you update your BIOS as F3 is pretty old. Here is your BIOS page >>

Thank you for your reply.

My RAM specifications
    :2DDR/ 800MHZ /CL-4(4-4-4-12)/2.1V/
    (2 matching units,working in dual channel)

I want to add two additional modules to work in dual channel.

Can you please instruct how to get to the window(BIOS F3) shown by you in this thread?
    Thanks again

F3

F9c

I do not now where you got this info from but as per GA-M61PM-S2 REV.1
    manual ,page 33,under memory title:

quote"The category is display-only wich is determined by POST(power on self test)of the BIOS."unquote.

May be I missed something here, but I`ll be more than glad to be adviced how to get to the Award Modular F3 Bios window shown by you.
    Thank you
    Last edited by peereli; 04-02-2009 at 02:07 PM.

F3

F9c

My RAM specifications
    :2DDR/ 800MHZ /CL-4(4-4-4-12)/2.1V/
    (2 matching units,working in dual channel)

I do not now where you got this info from but as per GA-M61PM-S2 REV.1
    manual ,page 33,under memory title:

quote"The category is display-only wich is determined by POST(power on self test)of the BIOS."unquote.

May be I missed something here, but I`ll be more than glad to be adviced how to get to the Award Modular F3 Bios window shown by you.
    Thank you

Thread Information