Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Upgrading to ep45-ud3r...suggestions?

Default Upgrading to ep45-ud3r...suggestions?

current system:

GA-EP35-DS3L
    e8400
    2x Wintec Amp-X 3axt8500c5-4096k (8gb total)
    BFG Tech GTX 260 OC
    Thermaltake 850w black widow
    2x Samsung HD103UJ 1 Tb Hard Drive
    SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    Antec 900 case
    Vista 64

I'm just upgrading the mobo to the GA-EP45-UD3R

It's currently in the mail from newegg

Are there any suggestions or problems I may find with the current equipment I am adding to this board?

I mainly decided on the upgrade due to the fact my current board has PCI Express 1.0 slot and I have a 2.0 graphics card.

I wanted to get the most out of the items I have installed.

Also is it just a waste of power to be using a sound card?

I plan on attempting to OC a bit after I purchase the Coolermaster V10 or V8 depending on how impatient I am when it comes to saving my money

I know with Gigabyte boards you have to set your memory timings manually and I'll have my laptop to be perusing the forums to get everything set correctly in bios.

I had everything working immaculately at one point a few months ago with all the bios settings correct and then used the @bios flash thing and since then I get random BSOD's.

I'm most likely going to reinstall Vista 64 completely because I believe the BSOD's are due to driver issues but they could also be attributed to my lack of motivation to reset everything in Bios the way it should be after the flash.

I read the sticky on the forum flashing and realize the mistake I made and I'll do it right this time around.

also should I do a raid setup for these HD's?

also thinking of adding an ssd? will that improve speed and will it work with this mobo?

But if you have any suggestions or possible problems I may run into feel free to let me know.

Thanks.
    Last edited by sic; 04-03-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Thread Information