Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EP45T-UD3LR fubar - ideas ?

Default Re: EP45T-UD3LR fubar - ideas ?

Hi LSD,
    Hice to see you again. I always switch off resume by mouse. It's logitech optical btw.
    While I was using it on usb port it was not powered in shutdown state. Then with ps2 adapter it's always on (and nothing changed in bios). I'm suprised cause never saw this on any other board.

Kevin, there must be something problematic with avast - I'm using it too.
    Apart from the hardware this is the only common thing we both use.
    I confirm there are no freezes (14 days now) after uninstall of avast. Try to see how you'll do without it for 2 weeks or so. It's rare but some drivers could mimic very well hardware failures.
    GA-X48T-DQ6 [rev: 1.3], Bios F6e (replacement of GA-EP45T-UD3P [rev: 1.0])
    Q9550 (E0), Zalman CNPS9500 Cooler
    2x2GB Kingston HyperX [KHX13000D3LLK2/2G] 1.7V DDR3-1333 @7-7-7-20
    Gainward Bliss 8800GT, 2x1TB HDD Samsung SATA-2, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 850W PSU

Apparently it's not avast :(
    Today I've set PCIe frequency from auto to 100MHz and got freeze in 2 hours.
    Could there be an issue with nVidia cards/drivers?
    Gainward Bliss 8800GT, 2x1TB HDD Samsung SATA-2, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 850W PSU

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well your PSU Supplies a constant +5v to the board to keep the CMOS Battery charged when powered down so that is likely why the light is on. Mine does the same, and I never noticed but you are right.... Mine is off if I use USB instead of PS/2

Ya, there is always Nvidia Driver issues. I use ATI Because of that, but of course everyone feels different about both of these brands so that is just my opinion. Have you tried older/newer drivers? You can get any of the old ones here if you would like to try some other versions >>
    Download NVIDIA drivers | drivers for mobile cards and laptops | laptopvideo2go.com

Latest Beta's Here >>>
    NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

So, what settings are you using now? May still need some things adjusted.

I see you are using F6 BIOS, where did you get that? I only see F5 listed here and at Gigabyte site. If you did get it here, and it used to be listed as a Beta or final and now is not there may be a reason for that?

Your BIOS BTW does have Driving strength profiles so that may help once you find them, I checked in F5 so I am sure F6 would have it as well >>>

Here is where you find the settings for each channel, incase you cannot tell from the above image >>>

Same for Channel B as well

Mine is: GA-EP45T-UD3P [rev: 1.0], Bios F6 (official & downloaded from gb site).
    Just in case I cleared cmos (following exactly the procedure here, including 20min wait)
    but no luck. And nVidia driver 182.50 latest whql, but I've used all drivers issued in 2009
    with solid freezes. Will try earlier versions, then will mess up with driving strength.
    I wish I could know if gb tech support is aware of such freezing issue or they just presume it's memory incompatibility. But again Kingston KVR1333D3N9/2G is in the QVL!?

I have a similar problem with my ga-ep45t-ud3lr. I just got the parts for my new computer yesterday (Core 2 Duo e8500, and 2X2GB G-Skill DDR3 1333 memory).

The computer at first would not boot, the fans would spin fast, then slow, fast, then slow. Eventually unplugging all peripherals and powering on again I was able to get in BIOS. I set my processor spead and set optimized defaults.

I then plugged my peripherals back in and made sure it would boot, reboot, etc. The weirdest thing is that sometimes when it's supposed to reboot, it will act like it has powered off, then in a couple seconds, powers back on.

The computer froze 3 times during the end of Windows install. It then froze again after I had installed windows. The closest thing to stable I've been able to get is by using only one of the 2GB memory sticks, which is not preferable, but it at least seems to run a little better.

I'm thinking about returning the board and trying to get something else if I can't figure out what's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JargonMan View Post
    I have a similar problem with my ga-ep45t-ud3lr. I just got the parts for my new computer yesterday (Core 2 Duo e8500, and 2X2GB G-Skill DDR3 1333 memory).

The computer at first would not boot, the fans would spin fast, then slow, fast, then slow. Eventually unplugging all peripherals and powering on again I was able to get in BIOS. I set my processor spead and set optimized defaults.

Words.. words..
    Hey there.

Lsdmeasp supplied me with some tweaks, you can review them in this thread. My computer did better, but did crash after 3-4 days..

I then took his tweaks even a bit further (adding a bit to each of those parameters he gave me in this thread) and I have not had a crash since.

I consider my problem resolved.. I'm going on 2 weeks without a freeze!

What seems like a "bad board" or "bad memory" is probably just a matter of getting the BIOS settings right. This Gigabyte board is fantastically configurable, but with that comes a little bit of extra work to get it up to speed, it seems.

I know its frustrating and you just wnat to give up, but give it a chance and get Lsdmeasp give you some tweaks after you give him all your BIOS settings.

Good luck!

Well, I'm stable again. Just don't know for how long though. I've tested with prime95 blend for full 36 hours. This time I went for more radical change - set ram frequency to 1066MHz by using spd 3.20B and gave my Q9550 1.275V. It's no surprise to see absolutely same performance as at 1333MHz. I guess I'll keep these settings from now on.
    BTW I've upgraded bios to F7 but looks like it still overvolts my ddr3, so manual ddr voltage set should be a must for this board.

Well, No stability. Another freeze after almost 2 weeks. Then the freezes start to occur every single day. I've set ram to ridiculously relaxed timings but no luck. In fact it made it worse. The only thing that helps is to disconnect the board from power for 48+ hours. Then I buy 1 to max 2 weeks of work and the farce starts all over again. I'm scrapping the board for good. It's been very unpleasant fubar indeed.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Please post me your full settings that are giving you issues and I will see if I can advise you of some changes.

Hi LSD,
    Here are my most stable settings - once the freezes start these will reduce them to 1 freeze per day. If I leave everything on AUTO (except dram voltage) there will be 2-3 freezes per day. If I leave dram on auto (1.76V) freezes occur every hour or so.
    I'm not even thinking of overclock. NEVER have seen memtest or prime95 to fail - only frozen screens. The CPU,ram, Video card and PSU were tested on different board (GA-X48-DQ6) and not a single freeze there. After disconnecting the power for 24-48 hours I buy myself at least a week of no freezes. Then they start with increasing frequency.
    ===========
    M.I.T
    -----
    Robust graphics booster: Auto
    CPU clock ratio: 8x
    Fine CPU Ratio: 0.5
    CPU frequency: 2.83Ghz

CPU host clock control: disabled
    CPU host frequency: 333
    PCI express Frequency: 100 (also auto no effect)
    CIA2: disabled

CPU clock drive: 900mV
    PCI express clock drive: 800mV
    both skews: 0

Performance enhance: standard
    MCH freq latch: auto (tried 333 no effect)
    SPD multiplier: 3.20B
    Memory freq: 1066MHz (auto gives 1333)
    Dram timing selectable: manual (auto gives much tighter timings so all on manual)

Standard timing control
    CAS Latency time: 9
    tRCD: 9
    tRP: 9
    tRAS: 24

Advanced Timing control
    tRRD: 4
    tWTR: 8
    tWR: 14
    tRFC: 82
    tRPT: 7
    Command Rate: 2

CHannel A=B
    Driving strenght: auto (only option available)
    tRD: 10
    rest: auto

CPU vcore: 1.25 (auto) (tried up to 1.275 no effect)
    CPU termination: 1.20 (auto)
    CPU PLL: 1.50 (auto)
    CPU Reference: 0.76 (auto)

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core: 1.10 (auto) (tried 1.05 plus all from 1.20 to 1.40 but auto looks most stable!)
    MCH Reference: 0.76 (auto)
    MCH/DRAM: 0.75 (auto)
    ICH I/O: 1.50 (auto) (tried 1.55 no effect)
    ICH core: 1.10 (auto) (tried 1.20 no effect)

DRAM voltage: 1.50 (tried also 1.56 no effect)
    DRAM termination: 0.75 (auto)
    all rest vref: 0.75 (auto)

Advanced settings
    -----------------
    Limit CPU Max to 3: disabled
    No-execute memory protect: enabled
    CPU enhance halt (C1E): enabled (also disabled no effect)
    C2/C2E sate support: disabled
    CPU EIST function: enabled (also disabled no effect)
    virtualization technology: enabled

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information