Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP43-DS3L not showing two SATA drives

Default EP43-DS3L not showing two SATA drives

I have had this mobo for a while and it has been running with two SATA drives without issue for quite some time. The first drive is plugged into sata port 0 and the second is plugged into port 1. I just upgraded to Windows Vista 64 bit, and both drives still worked fine for a day, but now my second drive has disappeared. It does not even show in the BIOS. I tried removing both drives and plugging my second drive in as the primary drive but it still does not show. If I leave the first drive in there on its own, it works no problem. Oddly if I leave the first drive plugged into slot 0 and plug the second drive into slot 3, neither drive shows in the BIOS anymore.

Have any of you ever heard of anythng as wired as this? I am hoping the drive is not toast as it is the drive I was using to store all my digital pictures and such.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP43-DS3L not showing two SATA drives

Can you test the drive in another PC? What settings do you have set for this in the BIOS >>>

Integrated Peripherals

Intel Controller (Yellow Ports)
    SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. ?
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Are you overclocked? What BIOS? Did you try putting the second drive on all the other SATA Slots, just wondering

Do you have the latest Intel Chipset Drivers installed?

Thread Information