Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help! Vista: Unable to find system volume that meets its criteria for installation

Default Re: Help! Vista: Unable to find system volume that meets its criteria for installatio

If I try that, I get the same problem I stated above. I appreciate the effort though. Vista won't let me partition it, and besides, it shouldn't even require me to partition.

Default Re: Help! Vista: Unable to find system volume that meets its criteria for installatio

What lsd\his screeneies show is what should make you good to go.
    bizarre

That drive your're trying to install to....new?
    anything on it from previous?

I looked up my settings and though not ahci(not using it here) i have everything in as stated on yellows
    native mode is enabled,on board sata ide device disabled,sata raid ahci disabled,1st boot device is os drive,2nd and 3rd boot devices disabled.
    I just use f12 to select boot from dvd optical for 1st os install
    it catches the optical drive,then press any key etc starting to load vista with the appropriate options of install to appear.
    subsequently when done first part of install, since the first boot device I previously listed as the drive I was installing my os to automaically goes to that to finish the setup on rebbot and of course then after that everytime the the computer boots up.

Also if you have hard disk boot priority option make sure that the os hd disc is first on that to.
    Even if its on the 1st boot device as well!!

And Hard drive s.m.a.r.t. set to disable

Intial display 1st is PEG if you have one graphics card its set to the 16xpcieslot that way.

believe thats what I am doin here.
    Last edited by Tyreman; 04-12-2009 at 04:01 AM.
    Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 bios 3202
    2500k@4.7GHZ.
    CM Hyper 212 EVO blademasters push-pull
    8GB's Samsung 30nm tech ram 1.35v
    EVGA GTX 460 superclocked plus (part# 1G-P3-1372-TR)
    Seasonic X660
    Canada

Ok, so I finally discovered that my hard drive was actually DOA. I downloaded the Western Digital Serial ATA Hard Drive Installation Guide and set up my BIOS exactly as specified in the manual.

I booted into Western Digital Data Lifeguard 11.2 and was immediately prompted to partition and format the drive. However, when it got to the point of actually partitioning it, the software gave me a vague error about a possible hardware or physical problem.

So I fired up WD Diagnostics and I couldn't even get it to do a quick test of my HD because it was apparently "locked" with an error/status code: 0220.

Some quick research on the net narrowed down 2 possibilities for a "locked hard drive;" people who take their HDs from their TiVo system and try to boot from it and people who have defective hard drives.

The drive is going back to the store tomorrow, and I'll probably go with the exact same model because it's still the best deal around.

For reference purposes, the drive is a WD5001AALS Caviar Black SATA II hard drive.

I was just trying to install 2008 x64 on my Gigabyte EP45-UD3P on the non intel SATA controller and kept getting the Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installing
    no matter how i formatted or partitioned the Drive.

i have 4 x 1 tb drives on the intel 0-3 and a 750 on the 1st port of the other sata controller and a 500 on the 2nd port.
    IDE DVDRW

i was trying to install the OS to the 500 and kept getting that error.

i moved that drive to the intel controller and the os installed with out error.

Now im going to try and move it back to the other control after all the drivers are installed.

I had it set to the first boot device i had all the usb storage off i tried everything i could think of. setting it to legacy IDE..

The Intel controller works for installing the OS but not the other two non-Intel ports.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information