Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First a DFI Dark P965 problem, now with UD3R

Default Re: First a DFI Dark P965 problem, now with UD3R

Well thanks for your advice.

In the spirit of being cheap -- I'll look into Buffalo's lifetime policy -- or just buy some new ddr2 800 to hold me over, return the UD3R, and wait until i7 / ddr3 / etc have been out for a year and go for a major upgrade of everything all at once then.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I second the Mushkin comment above, Mushkin is a Great Company

Any error you get not listed in the manual Beep codes is a memory error. Continuous beeps for sure is, I know this because I can cause it myself manually with one or two known timings to tight, which is why I suggested you try to borrow some other ram to test with or test your ram in another PC. Auto may just be setting your tRD to low and causing the error beep and non boot

Well -- for follow up --- you were right.

I finally had time this morning to try my new *mushkin* PC6400 memory on the original DFI P965 Dark - and it booted up without a problem. Back to old power supply, old MB, etc. which is just fine.

Interestingly -- when I placed one additional of the old Buffalo Firestix in as a 3rd GB, one of them would post, the other not at all, when alongside the new Mushkin ram. But when I had that one working Buffalo RAM by itself originally (as 1 GB total), it would not boot.

This had thrown off my ability to troubleshoot. I guess both RAMs had gotten bad ( but to differing amounts).

I'd love to hear your thoughts on why one of the sticks would work alongside the new Muskin, but not by itself.

Thanks!

I can t give you an anwser on why 1 stick will work now, just happy to see you got it straight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information