Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-M52S-S3P Rev1 Ethernet problems

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-M52S-S3P Rev1 Ethernet problems

Very odd for sure then if there is no error! What do you see if anything upon install and reboot in the event viewer for system in windows logs?

Have you tried updating the driver thru device manager for the yellow item, and let it search windows updates?

Have you tried the older chipset driver off the install CD, or any other older ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Very odd for sure then if there is no error! What do you see if anything upon install and reboot in the event viewer for system in windows logs?

Have you tried updating the driver thru device manager for the yellow item, and let it search windows updates?

Have you tried the older chipset driver off the install CD, or any other older ones?
    Event viewer? System logs? Lol

Yep, makes no differance, clicked search for updates, and it does nothing at all, just searches then brings the " We found nothing, because we're ****ty micrsoft " thing up.

Installed everything that was on the CD, with no luck what-so-ever :(

Event Viewer is in Administrative Tools in the start menu. You may need to click the toolbar and select properties, click the start menu tab, then customize and scroll down to the end of the list and select for Administrative Tools to be added to the start menu.

Then in event viewer go to windows logs, the system, and see if you find anything/errors corresponding with the times you install the driver and or bootup/reboot times

*EDIT*

Wait one second, I think I may have found the issue. Will post the driver in a sec, I think you need a realtek driver not listed on the Gigabyte Site

*EDIT 2*

Here, install these and see if things get going >>
    RealTek RTL8110SC Gigabit Ethernet Driver Version 5.719 (x86 XP)

Driver only >>
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ixmgyszhmmb

Install Package >>
    http://www.mediafire.com/?su0fgymjbfi

Main site, I just rehosted for you as I see many users have issues with RealTek's FTP
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Downloads=true

Newer Package here as well if the above does not work, I think it will though >>
    5.720.0331.2009 whql
    http://www.station-drivers.com/telec..._5720_0331.zip
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-16-2009 at 03:40 PM.

Saying " Please shutdown and plug Realtek PCIE card to complete the installation "

Tried updating the driver on the yellow ! with all the folders, and it still brings up the cannot install hardware thing ;\

Just did a restart, and still nothing.

What am i looking for in viewer files?
    Last edited by Piemanpm; 04-16-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Did you try updating thru device manger and pointing it to the driver only file I uploaded? Just checking

Did you try the last download link I gave above? If not, please try it, and if no luck try this one, it's a bit older but will let us know if it is going to work. These should work as you have this chip on you board, but then again I know very little AMD >>
    RealTek RTL8110SC(L) Driver Download

Or this one >>
    Download Realtek RTL8110SC(L) Driver 5.707 2000/XP/XP32 Driver for Windows 2K / Windows XP / Windows XP X64 - Softpedia

Sorry, in event viewer you are looking for errors or warnings, then read the info and see if you find any that look to be related to why your original driver install failed, but try the above stuff first

Still saying the same. I think I'm going to just have to put up with wireless. And why are you linking me to PCI driver downloads?

It's not even picking up the Ethernet adapter on my board for me to try and install a driver for it.

I'm
    going back to vista as soon as i get a better graphics card. Either that or ill go buy a cheap
    Ethernet
    PCI card from maplin or somewhere, seems as this is just causing me
    a lot
    of trouble, time and effort.

Thanks for your help anyways mate. Really
    appreciate
    it :)

That is just how they are named/created, they are for Onboard LAN Chips I use one on my board

Ya, sounds like you may have to go wireless or just stick with Vista. Sorry I could not help get this solved for you

Do you need a link to a cheap Wireless card? I use a Gigabyte one I picked up at newegg, think they are $15 and that was a year or so ago so they may be $10-12 now

Yea, i think ill just lend one off my mate. Or go upto maplin and buy a cheap ass one and bash that in

Sorry I could not be of more help! Let me know if you ever get it going.

Why not just use Vista anyway? Or Windows 7 if you hate Vista?

I have a DX8 graphics card, and as vista doesnt like anything less than DX9 / DX10, and there's no cista drivers for a 9250, I can't do much at once on vista, as it lags. EG if im playing say, runescape, and watching a film. The film will be out of sync. So i thought i would use Home till i get a DX9 / DX10 graphics card :)

Found a card today in my drawer, but the CD is ****ed. So ill just put up with wireless. It's not as though I'm using this computer for anything other than downloading ad watching films at the minute. So i think i can cope with wireless :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information